Menu

Accountability Thread: 3/12-3/18

There is snow on the ground. It's March. There should not be snow on the ground in March! Not where I live. It isn't much snow, but still.

Today I will drink hot tea, mess with the chickens, write, and probably do a little cooking. I have two more weeks of school before a break. I wonder how far I can edit and rewrite in three weeks. Camp NaNoWriMo starts on the first of April, and I want to finish all of my editing and rewriting by the end of April, and I need to work on a query letter and figure out a list of agents to start sending to in May. I need to schedule out my time to get all that done. Maybe I'll do that later today.

• Like 3

Moving slowly today with the time change.

Today's schedule:

French-Continue lesson 13, workbook, vocabulary review

Latin-Continue lesson 11, workbook, vocabulary review

Math-lesson 9, 1 page KTD

Grammar/Composition-Choose new words for spelling, Grammar exercise 7i, WWS Week 14, Day 1

History-Cp 10, outline reading with summary, additional reading

Science-Cp 10, answer questions, additional reading

For me: French, Latin, Geometry, Writing, Housekeeping, Cooking.

• Like 3

Good morning!

The time change is killing me. We all have colds too which isn't helping and the toddler now has a fever :( He had pneumonia last Feb. so I am a little nervous.

Was supposed to have a home visit today with the midwives but they stood me up lol. I guess they are struggling with the time change too! Rescheduled for Wednesday but I had clipped our school short to clean up with the kids and get ready and then I let them go watch tv at the expected appointment time. Will be hard to do more school after a session of tv watching.

Fortunately this morning most the school got done quickly and independently. DS8 even did his BA **BY HIMSELF** while I cleaned the kitchen. That's almost never happened. It's like a Christmas miracle. I even had to stop him after a half hour to help me with something or he would have kept going.

I am going to try and fit in the extras this afternoon --piano, typing, xtramath. Audiobooks have been done but we can do more.

For me - I need to find my lesson planner. Lost it somewhere around here. And write up whiteboard math plans for all three kids. (Just got the 2nd and 3rd kitchen table math books and I am super excited). Study Russian, read a book.. maybe take a nap :)

• Like 3

What is xtramath? I have seen it mentioned before...is it like a website with games? or a curriculum to be ordered?

It's a free website or a $6 ipad app just for timed drilling of multiplication and division facts. DS8 still adds a number of them so I am trying to get him faster and have them fully memorized. Long division and multidigit multiplication just take so much out of him because of all the extra steps related to not having them memorized.

• Like 2

Good Tuesday!

Today's schedule:

French-Lesson 13 continued, vocabulary review

Latin-Lesson 11 continued, review 2nd Form vocabulary, verb conjugation, workbook

Math-Quiz, no KTD

Grammar/Comp-practice spelling, grammar exercise 7j, Day 2 WWS Week 14

History/Science-swap from yesterday

For me: French, Latin, Geometry, Writing, Housekeeping, Writers' Meeting tonight.

• Like 2

I ended up taking two naps yesterday and not doing much with they kids school wise in the afternoon:-p They sure did listen to a bunch of audio books though. I can't be the only person with kids who will sit and listen to a book for 6 hours straight?

DS8 is an hour into school this morning but I am still laying in bed with a stuffy head. I'm going to get up to do math with all the kids but otherwise the toddler and I aren't good for much today.

• Like 3

Good Wednesday! Today's schedule:

French-continue lesson

Latin-continue lesson

Math-lesson 11, half of it, 1 pg KTD

Grammar/Composition-Spelling practice, grammar exercise 7k, WWS Day 3

History-finish reading this week's chapter, outlining, summary, additional reading

Science-finish questions this week's chapter, outlining, summary of additional reading

For me: French, Latin, Geometry, Writing, Housekeeping, Pizza night

• Like 1

DS did all his school yesterday! Some of his math was wrong because I don't think he read the question properly, but we talked about it and will fix it today. The main thing is he did it all.on.his.own again. I'm totally blown away. I know he isn't working on the most rigorous schedule right now but I have such trouble at the end of pregnancy.

Goals for today:

-Fix yesterday's math and do some more with DS

-DS do rest of subjects mostly on his own

-DD math (she's already teaching reading/school to her younger brother)

-Clean up for midwife appt.

For me: Make a big batch of sweet potatoes for the week. Plan and cook dinner. Russian, read book, actually find lesson planner today and see about planning white board math.

• Like 2

I think every home-school parent needs a alternate school plan just for things like breech babies, a week of the flu, an unexpected kitchen remodel, or an emergency trip to see a loved one. It just needs to be in place. Then there is no worry about whether something "counts" for school. It's already been approved.

I think you are fine with whatever you need to do until the baby business is sorted out. :001_smile:

• Like 3

I was mostly joking about Dino Dan :) It's my 4 year old's current obsession. We go through the summer on light schedule and the kids are around where I want them to be and on or above grade level in everything so I am not too worried about days here and there..

We did a rigorous day today. Did every subject for everyone except maybe DD's writing but that's hardly anything to worry about.

Had the u/s. Baby is NOT breech anymore. He just has the wiggliest butt ever I guess :) I thought he turned last week. Glad I was right.

My babysitter for tonight cancelled last minute so I need to plan dinner that includes DH and I all of a sudden. Dinner and cleaning.. That's all I have left for the day..

• Like 2

It's Friday. :svengo:

Today's schedule:

French-quiz

Latin-continue lesson 11, workbook

Math-Lesson 12, 1 page KTD

Grammar/Comp-Spelling quiz, grammar exercise 8, WWS Day 4

History/Science-swap from Wednesday

For me: French, Latin, Geometry, Writing, Critiques (if any), Grocery List, School Planning for next week.

• Like 2

Yay for Friday! DH is off today so we'd normally call it a weekend day but kids are doing some school anyway.

DS has his computer stuff, BA and we are finally starting his Greek lessons today. I'm psyched. I love that fresh new language feeling :)

DD needs 2 pages of MEP today and handwriting

DS4 got his very own Singapore Essentials A yesterday and did the first 20 pages lol. We'll surely be working on that today. He's been getting it out and putting out back in the school cabinet repeatedly. I thought he might take it to bed last night. He is so excited to finally have "big kid work" (miquon wasn't counting as big kid work although I still think it's perfect for him)

• Like 2