Menu

Zaccaro Real World Algebra

Have any of you used this book? I'm just wondering what sort of level it is. It says something along the lines of 'designed for grades 4 - 9 with higher maths ability'. 

I like having a range of books so that we can mix things up from day to day, but I don't want to spend the money if it's too easy.

We're currently working through AoPS pre-algebra and that's moving quickly and smoothly. We're also nearly though LoF Beginning Algebra and also working through an Australian grade 10 maths textbook. I've also got Zaccaro's Problem Solving Genius that we dip into now and then for variety.

It sounds like a lot and looks a bit messy all written out, but my daughter thrives on the variety.

Any thoughts on Zaccaro's Real World Algebra?

DD liked it.  She says that it was on the easy side, but that it was a very good supplement.  We used it mostly as a supplement during pre-algebra, but DD just told me that she referred back to it during the AoPS Algebra chapter on rates because the explanation was clearer to her.

• Like 2

DD liked it.  She says that it was on the easy side, but that it was a very good supplement.  We used it mostly as a supplement during pre-algebra, but DD just told me that she referred back to it during the AoPS Algebra chapter on rates because the explanation was clearer to her.

This is really helpful.

Thank you!

• Like 1