Menu

Another things you never thought you'd say to your kids........

MooCow

"Son! Why are you listening to Biggie?? We're a Tupac family!!" 

(just said this to my 23 year old son)

Huh, I didn't know you had to pick.

It is not my style of music but I was teaching students who talked about them all the time.  And I was teaching when each of them was shot.

I had students who would swear Tupac wasn't really dead.

Ah, those were the days.

• Like 1

Huh, I didn't know you had to pick.

It is not my style of music but I was teaching students who talked about them all the time.  And I was teaching when each of them was shot.

I had students who would swear Tupac wasn't really dead.

Ah, those were the days.

I was referring to West Coast represent because that's where we are from.......please pretend a wink smilie is here since I can't do emojji's

smilieface

"Never, ever pee in the floor vent again."

When he was about 2, youngest DS apparently thought it was some sort of drain in the floor, and would be very convenient to use instead of going to the bathroom.

• Like 7

"Did I tell you to listen to your Grandma? Do not listen to a word she says!"

This was after his very frail 90 year old grandmother told him "Oh no, you don't need to clear the table and do dishes. Sit here and let Grandma do it", and the foolish child apologized and sat down.

• Like 3

Please stop petting/touching/molesting my feet. Every 5 minutes.

I literally had to wear socks at all times from the time he could crawl until he was 8. Thankfully, I *think* he has outgrown this phase. I never fully understood "foot fetish" before encountering it in my own home. :LOL:

Even his daycare teachers commented on it. They stopped wearing flip flops on splash day!

• Like 2

"Do not lick your sister's butt." Yes, really. They were about 3 and 7 and both thought it was hilarious. :/ 

"We don't pour bowls of water on the baby" Said to then 4/5 year old after an incident with the 0/1yo. 

"Please turn right-side up at the dinner table" said to an 8 year old child's rear end whose head was on the floor. 

"Soup is not a finger food" Said to an 8 year old. 

• Like 4

"God gave us forks for a reason!" to my 10-year-old who keeps holding his fork in his left hand (he is left-handed) and eating food with his right hand.

Very similar to my constant refrain: We invented napkins so we wouldn't have to wipe our hands on our clothes.

• Like 1