Menu

Rod and Staff English 5

BethD

Switching to R & S English 5 next year.  I was wondering if it's necessary to buy the worksheets?  I bought the teacher guide, student book and tests online, but wondering if I should get the worksheets as well?  We are currently doing Abeka Language and the constant worksheets are overkill.  Thanks! 

I've never used the worksheets. If your student needed some extra practice, you could always purchase them after the fact, or do similar exercises. I think they are also in the back of the teacher guide with answers, so you could do them orally with a student. There is not a worksheet for every single lesson either.

Erica in OR

• Like 2

There are plenty of exercises in the text but the workbook makes it easier IMO to record answers. We do some of the text exercises orally but using the worksheets prevents my dc from having to rewrite all the sentences. Not every lesson has a worksheet. 

I switched to doing this after doing years without the worksheets. 

My dds do the worksheets on the days that there is one.  Not every lesson has one. If there isn't one, we do the oral drills, and I may or may not assign written work from the book. 

We switched to doing this several years ago- probably around the 5th grade book for my odd. 

• Like 1

Switching to R & S English 5 next year.  I was wondering if it's necessary to buy the worksheets?  I bought the teacher guide, student book and tests online, but wondering if I should get the worksheets as well?  We are currently doing Abeka Language and the constant worksheets are overkill.  Thanks! 

The worksheets are completely, absolutely optional. Your dc will have plenty to do with the lessons and assignments in the textbook. :-)

• Like 1

I'm doing English 5 this year with two boys.  I don't have the worksheets, and I don't think we need them for additional practice.  There is plenty of practice is the text.  However, some days I do wish we had the worksheets to do INSTEAD of the text to make the work load easier.  I bought the worksheets for English 3 with my daughter and I really like having them for that reason.

This fall will be my 4th child using R&S 5. I have the worksheets and have used them many times. No, they are not necessary for most kids, but they are for some. I use them as an extra review before the test for mine who have retention problems. Between the book review and the worksheets (several days of review), they usually do better on the tests. I have also used them as take- along work in the car, over the summer for review, and for review of more difficult topics. The 5th grade book is one of the more difficult books that they make. It covers a lot of material.

I have bought the worksheets for all of our books (up through 9th), they are cheap and can be recopied as many times as you need.