Menu

Using Vocab from Classical Roots while studying Latin?

I noticed the WTM recommends Vocab from Classical Roots after you finish AAS7. We might finish AAS7 this year or early next, but I am hesitating on the Vocab from Classical Roots because we are already studying Latin. Is this going to kill us? Can I just do the Vocab book 10 minutes a day a few days a week like we do with spelling?  TIA!

Vocab with classical roots isn't very time consuming. We use it for spelling and vocab, so my student does a pretest of the words on M, then does the exercises T and W (and sometimes all in one day). We have co-op on Thursday and don't do regular work, but we follow up with the post-test on Friday if any words were missed on Monday. We skip some of the 'Write a story' things that show up in the reviews. There are fill-in-the-blank and multiple choice questions, and often some good synonym/antonym/analogy questions, so it's kind of multitasking as test prep. 10ish minutes a day should be plenty, especially if you're not doing spelling tests from it, too.

• Like 1

Can I just do the Vocab book 10 minutes a day a few days a week like we do with spelling?  TIA!

Certainly.

MP has A Book of Roots that is made to be used alongside Latin.