Menu

Ignore Feature

Deeke

So when you decide to add someone to your ignore list are their posts completely gone, just don't show up in the thread?

How can you then join in any thread knowing you are missing some of the posts?

Also, if the person you are ignoring starts a thread, does only the replies to the thread show?

Just curious and thanks.

The person's name appears, but their post does not. If you click on their name, a message comes up saying that you have them on Ignore. You can remove them from your ignore list to view the message. Just experiment with it. Use my name. :D

If I had to take a guess, it would be that she can not see your above post. ;)

So when you decide to add someone to your ignore list are their posts completely gone, just don't show up in the thread?

How can you then join in any thread knowing you are missing some of the posts?

Also, if the person you are ignoring starts a thread, does only the replies to the thread show?

Just curious and thanks.

You just get a notice that the ignored person posted in place of the actual post. That's why I didn't know someone was offended by me. They've offended me so often that I've been ignoring them for weeks. :D

Jen

Okay, the ignore feature drives me nuts. I tried it once with an individual who is no longer on the board and who I used to get into heated debates with but I HATED it. I'd see that they had posted. It would taunt me. It would scream out, "They replied and you don't know what they said!!!" I had to look. Curiosity killed the cat. LOL. I think I just finally learned to read the post, acknowledge we would never ever agree, and keep on moving. :auto:

The person's name appears, but their post does not. If you click on their name, a message comes up saying that you have them on Ignore. You can remove them from your ignore list to view the message. Just experiment with it. Use my name. :D

Thanks, just curious. Nope, no intention to add anyone, just intrested in how one can participate in a thread without actually seeing all the posts. But know I know, if tempted they can still have a peek.

I wouldn't know. I don't have anyone on ignore.

I'm sure I'm likely on quite a few ignore lists, however! ;)

It would be fun to know whose ignore list one is on, maybe even fair. Wonder how many put someone on ignore then still get tempted and look at their posts lol.

I am pretty sure that someone I had on ignore was quoted, and the quote shows up in someone elses post. I will have to confirm it, as I took them off of ignore and have to put them back on to see. Some people's signatures and avatars really bother me. At least those don't show up.

Yep, the quotes from the ignored parties still show up in others' posts.

I wouldn't know. I don't have anyone on ignore.

I'm sure I'm likely on quite a few ignore lists, however! ;)

I doubt you are on many or even any ignore lists. You know how to argue and disagree without being outrageously offensive. It is rarely disagreement that causes people to put others on ignore, but the tone, kwim? You don't make my blood pressure go up.:D Now me, on the other hand - I have tone problems sometimes.:tongue_smilie:

I doubt you are on many or even any ignore lists. You know how to argue and disagree without being outrageously offensive. It is rarely disagreement that causes people to put others on ignore' date=' but the tone, kwim? You don't make my blood pressure go up.:D Now me, on the other hand - I have tone problems sometimes.:tongue_smilie:[/quote']

Why, thank ye, Ma'am! :D

It would be fun to know whose ignore list one is on, maybe even fair. Wonder how many put someone on ignore then still get tempted and look at their posts lol.

You are a glutton for punishment. :D

I'm done when I've ignored a poster. If I dislike what you say so much that I don't even want to read you say it, then I really don't care what you say ever again. My DD calls that, "All done!" while signing it.

Just walk away from the computer. I don't really care what Bill O'Reilly has to say either. ;)

Jen