Menu

Spin off- PAH transcript

8FillTheHeart, on 05 Mar 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

snapback.png

Is PAH a state accredited school that legally provides transcripts for all of its students?  (I have no idea.  I didnt think they were.  I didn't request them send transcripts for my ds.  If they are, then I was absolutely incorrect in not having them send one.  We are legally obligated to submit transcripts from all schools attended and that would mean that PAH was a school attended.) 

I hope it's OK to cut and past a part of a quoted post. 

This was part of a response on another thread. 

I am very interested in understanding whether a PAH official transcript is optional or required. What about other online schools? How do you determine whether it is required? 

Thank you,

• Like 1

I don't know, but I didn't get or submit a transcript from PAH. I simply stated on my transcript that who the provider was and the grade.

Also, one of the PA homeschool teachers (statistics) clearly stated her grading guidelines in her syllabus, but also stated as a parent we could use her class and grade however we choose and thus could give our own grade.

While I don't change grades from PA Homeschoolers, I do lump multiple online classes (some with grades) all together as my English credit. 

• Like 3

I didn't submit any transcripts from any online provider, even if they were accredited.  (PAHS and CTY, for example)  I did put a blurb in my homeschool profile saying that they were available upon request.  My oldest had also taken an AP class at our high school.  No one wanted to see that transcript, either.

• Like 1

Who are PAHS and AoPS accredited by?

I got the idea that there are different levels of accreditation. Some at state level or some other sort of specialized accreditation, and some at regional or national level. I don't know if that is right. I found it confusing when I was looking into accreditation for high school.

Edited by Penelope

I don't know, but I didn't get or submit a transcript from PAH. I simply stated on my transcript that who the provider was and the grade.

Also, one of the PA homeschool teachers (statistics) clearly stated her grading guidelines in her syllabus, but also stated as a parent we could use her class and grade however we choose and thus could give our own grade.

This is exactly what I did. I didn't think they were in any way required. I listed the grades on the transcript, then listed PAH in the course description as provider.

• Like 1