Menu

The Good and the Beautiful for LA and history

jer2911mom

Level 4 looks beautiful. :) So far all in ones have not worked very well here (LLATL and ELTL), much as I want them to, so I'm thinking I should stay away from this... Even though it's very tempting.

This is what concerns me a little too. The lessons look quality and tie together well, but the all in one nature has some drawbacks. I'd particularly be concerned if they are doing enough in each area since it skips from writing to spelling to geography. I'm also concerned that we couldn't customize to the child as well for each area. For instance, if my son needs some help in spelling but is on grade level in other areas, do I skip the spelling and supplement or bring everything down to the lowest level?

I am looking for grammar instruction for my son who is entering third. He needs a lot of help in spelling, and I have decided to do AAS with him. I notice they use some similar techniques, so it may even complement AAS well. But is it enough grammar? FLL was a bust for us. He is not an auditory learner the way FLL teaches. But we do like WWE and will continue. I was considering an Abeka workbook since grade 3 is solely grammar without their phonics intertwined. Or I was considering the new CAP program for grammar. My oldest has done well with MCT, but we are not ready for that yet, and I am not sure if it is a good fit for him. But this teaches diagramming and grammar concepts. Does it teach the grammar more like upper levels of FLL? Is it enough grammar?

Edited by AdventuresinHomeschooling

I just stumbled across these review videos for TGaTB...

Level 4 looks beautiful. :) So far all in ones have not worked very well here (LLATL and ELTL), much as I want them to, so I'm thinking I should stay away from this... Even though it's very tempting.

It's definitely not an all in one for us. We use it for the grammar and for the phonics review. But DD is reading above this level and I'm not in love with the spelling (this list anyway).