Menu

I'm so upset! Update: much better now!

Night Elf

I lost the ring that goes on my right hand. I should be happy it wasn't my wedding ring, but I loved that ring! It didn't come off my finger easily. It wasn't loose. I've looked everywhere where my hand has been. I went to the pharmacy today so I might have lost it in the parking lot, or the lobby, or the elevator, or the pharmacy. But I've checked everywhere in the house. I even turned my sofa upside down and took off all the velcro parts of the cloth and stuck my hand in every crevice. I can't believe this. It was the perfect ring. The stones matched my wedding set. It wasn't cheap and it was irreplaceable. And we simply cannot afford for me to go buy a new ring. My right hand now feels naked. I just can't believe this! I even took all the sheets and blankets off the bed, thinking it might have fallen off when I was sleeping, but nope. Not there. I took everything out of my purse because I had reached into it this morning to get my wallet. I looked all in my wallet. I looked in the car. I looked in the toilet even! It's just gone!

Update in post 14. My DH found it!

Edited by Night Elf
  • Like 2

I did call the pharmacy. They went out into the sitting area and looked but didn't see it. I checked everywhere my hand could have been. I even looked in my wallet where I keep my insurance card I had to pull out. I can't even remember if I had it this morning. My rings are just a part of me. I don't think about them until I reach to twist them around my finger. That's how I found my ring missing. This is so stupid. I've had that ring for years! I even had it resized last November because it was loose. It fit so much better and didn't slip off anymore. I had to actually pull it over my knuckle if I wanted to take it off. The only time I take them off is when I use massage oil on DH's back and I haven't done that recently, so no, I haven't taken it off at all.

I've had this happen.  My husband bought me a pair of earrings from Colorado when he used to snow ski more frequently.  He gave them to me in college and I have them about 40 years later.  I lost them once and they were in the crack to the seat of our car. 

I've done things like this before.  When did you last have that ring on your finger?  What 2-3 tasks around the house, errands did you do before you noticed it was gone?

I know sometimes earrings can stick to clothing. Did you check a sweater or such? 

Last week, my husband lost a little screw type thing for replacing the trunk rods on dd's car.  It was the smallest part and it was flat.  LIke a hallowed out and thin ring.  It was stuck to the sole of his shoe!

DH FOUND IT! We took apart the sofa again and the entire bed, even moving the mattress off the box springs. I had resigned myself to it being lost forever and was sitting in the living room when he came out here and told me to hold out my hand. He slipped the ring on my finger. He found it sitting on the shelf of the headboard. I have NO memory of putting my ring there. There would have been no reason for me to do that. DH thinks I must have done it after I had my Ambien last night. It's just so strange!  But I've got it back again!

Thanks for the well wishes!

• Like 36

Super glad you found it! And it was another Ambien story! Remember the Ambien thread of several years ago?

Ooh, we should have another one. Telling the story of Dh peeing in the fridge on Ambien never gets old.

Glad the ring was found!

Edited by Mergath
  • Like 2