Menu

I got contacted out of the blue about a job...

Mama Geek

I haven't worked since '09, I haven't been actively looking, my info is out there on linkedin.  It is a local job, the recruiter said they can't find qualified people locally.  It wasn't specifically what I have done in the past and he still thought it would be worth passing my resume to them.  I would be good to have recent work experience, I just love staying home with my little one.  The plus side is that the local economy seems to be picking up.

• Like 9

That is cool.    I haven't worked for many years, so have no recent experience and that's a killer in the job market. There are a lot of jobs now, where the employer will permit part-time or full-time Telecommuting. Is it something you could do at home, at least part of the time? Other employers are offering Flex time  where the hours can be moved around somewhat, to be better for your schedule.    

• Like 1

I haven't worked for many more years than that and I still get occasional notices on linked in and even direct e-mails.  I was a software engineer.  It's ok to ignore if the timing isn't right!  :)

I was a Software Engineering Consultant so I not only have no recent experience, I have no experience with the way things are done now.  Occasionally, to my amazement, I am contacted for clients who are still using things I used many years ago.  I started out with Assembly Languages.

• Like 1

I have been contacted once via linked in and had another person out of the blue offer me an interview in the past year. Both were looking for smart people who were comfortable being the sole engineer and liked to live rural. Both too far to commute and not enough amenities to counteract living in an area where I would always be an outsider.

Edited by Heigh Ho