Menu

Reputable taxi companies--calling a cab

momacacia

I haven't traveled much in the last 10 years except in a minivan. ;) I have a trip to Dallas this month and will bed to take a taxi from a restaurant there to my hotel.

How would you call a can in Dallas? It is a nice restaurant...would the host/maitre d call one for me, or is there an app for this? (I'm not an Uber type ;) TIA

• Like 1

The restaurant should be able to call one for you.  I'd ask them to do that.

ETA:  I should add that I don't live in Dallas!  But this has been my experience at nice restaurants in any big city.

Edited by J-rap
  • Like 3

I am not an Uber person either, but if I was in a U.S. city, where Uber is operating legally, I would probably download the Uber App to my phone and probably get a 15 or 20 dollar discount on my first ride.  

You should know, if you call for a Taxi, in any country, the license plate numbers/letters of the taxi they send to you, and confirm that, before stepping into the taxi.

Enjoy your trip!

• Like 1

They'll be happy to call a cab. In major cities where people don't drive as much, that's pretty common. Either the hotel or the restaurant can do that.

When the DC and I were in SF this summer, we got tired of walking and decided to take a cab back to the train station. There was a lot of traffic and every cab that went by was occupied. So we went to a hotel, and the doorman called a cab and opened the door for us. I tipped $2. 

Edited by G5052

I am not an Uber person either (or an Airbnb person for that matter). I'd do what J-rap suggested.

:iagree: Me three.

I think the people that run Uber are spectacular a-holes which makes it difficult to excuse using their service. I would have the restaurant call a cab.