Menu

I need a Roller Derby name: Enter Punmasters

Tangerine

I know some of you would be amazing at this!  I am trying out for a Roller Derby team in 6 weeks.  Trials begin this month.  I am loving coming up with names, but there is an international roster of derby names that doesn't permit duplicates.  Some of my fantastic ideas that somebody already had were Tawdry Hepburn, Flay Wray, and Doris Danger.  Leading the pack right now that aren't taken are Jane Tussle, and Hedy LaScarr.  Now, they don't HAVE to be golden era actress puns, those just happen to be my favorites. I would love suggestions from the Hive if you've got ideas. 

• Like 4

The registry is not a binding requirement even for most WFTDA leagues anymore. There's too many inactive skaters or skaters who registered a name but never got serious and junior league skater names for the registry to work. You just need a name that is unique in your area and, because you're not a jerk, isn't cribbed from a notable skater.

• Like 2

The registry is not a binding requirement even for most WFTDA leagues anymore. There's too many inactive skaters or skaters who registered a name but never got serious and junior league skater names for the registry to work. You just need a name that is unique in your area and, because you're not a jerk, isn't cribbed from a notable skater.

I thought it might be poor form, but if that's the case, I'll be so thrilled.