Menu

If one more person posts on FB or Instagram about how we need to "show up"...

Janie Grace

I have to object, here. I love, "It is what it is." I almost bought that on a plaque. It's just such a perfect summary of reality. Don't like dinner? It is what it is.

All together now:

And for the hard times, it's hard to beat a classic like "Shit Happens."

• Like 2

I don't mind showing up, but I don't want to unpack anything.

Also, I agree with the person upthread who has a problem with "doing life" with everyone she is quasi-forced to make eye contact with...we're here, we're alive, we don't need to talk about that..."doing life" seems like a phrase made up by an internet addict who is fascinated with the thought of real world interaction.

• Like 3

See, I think "it is what it is" and "whatever will be, will be" (and even "shit happens") are lovely. They are a shrugging of the shoulders, a choice to not worry, an acceptance of life, a collective "whatevs." They are the antithesis of SHOW UP AND BE AUTHENTIC AND DO LIFE TOGETHER AND DANCE IN THE RAIN.

ETA: The writers of this are my soul sisters. Just as snarky and irritated at bossy slogans as I am.  :lol:

Edited by Janie Grace
  • Like 4

Well I showed up in the kitchen to make dinner, so there. I will not be showing up on those linked web sites, however.

I miss comme ci, comme ca. I haven't heard that in twenty years. It's probably been replaced by "it is what it is."

I miss c'est la vie too.

• Like 2

See, I think "it is what it is" and "whatever will be, will be" (and even "shit happens") are lovely. They are a shrugging of the shoulders, a choice to not worry, an acceptance of life, a collective "whatevs." They are the antithesis of SHOW UP AND BE AUTHENTIC AND DO LIFE TOGETHER AND DANCE IN THE RAIN.

ETA: The writers of this are my soul sisters. Just as snarky and irritated at bossy slogans as I am. :lol:

Thank you for posting this! I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. Number twenty!!

I still say c'est la vie. I don't hate "it is what it is;" it kind of sums up the futility in being annoyed about something you can't change and couldn't have changed.

Edited by happypamama
  • Like 2

ETA: The writers of this are my soul sisters. Just as snarky and irritated at bossy slogans as I am. :lol:

Awesome

I saw this in my newsfeed today: "Man Who Said 'Yes' To Life Found With Mountain Bike At Bottom Of Gorge"

MOAB, UT—Authorities announced Tuesday that the body of 27-year-old screen printer Tom Finnery, a person friends confirmed always said yes to life and no to the idea of limits, had been found lying 20 feet from his mountain bike at the bottom of a gorge, his spinal column completely shattered and his broken femurs pinned behind his own back. According to police reports, Finnery, who always seized the day and drank deeply from the cup of life, was discovered with both kneecaps completely detached and nearly all his teeth smashed out of his fractured jawbone. Police said the man who lived life with no regrets failed to take his cell phone with him, a fact that Finnery—who reportedly always lived life in the present—had at least nine hours to reflect upon after his fall, following which he succumbed to hypothermia and was partially eaten by coyotes.

• Like 1

I saw this in my newsfeed today: "Man Who Said 'Yes' To Life Found With Mountain Bike At Bottom Of Gorge"

MOAB, UT—Authorities announced Tuesday that the body of 27-year-old screen printer Tom Finnery, a person friends confirmed always said yes to life and no to the idea of limits, had been found lying 20 feet from his mountain bike at the bottom of a gorge, his spinal column completely shattered and his broken femurs pinned behind his own back. According to police reports, Finnery, who always seized the day and drank deeply from the cup of life, was discovered with both kneecaps completely detached and nearly all his teeth smashed out of his fractured jawbone. Police said the man who lived life with no regrets failed to take his cell phone with him, a fact that Finnery—who reportedly always lived life in the present—had at least nine hours to reflect upon after his fall, following which he succumbed to hypothermia and was partially eaten by coyotes.

This, of course, being an Onion article lest anyone think it's real.  ;)

I love Onion articles!  (Most of the time anyway.)

• Like 1