Menu

online classes for elementary school

halbao

Hi I am new here so I hope I am doing this right!

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for online classes for younger kids? (everything seems to be geared toward middle/high school) My kids are age 9 and 6. I am looking to maybe do latin, history and or science. The only two things I could find are veritas and Wilson hill. Has anyone used either of these? Wilson hill only offers latin for kids my age though.  I would prefer something that is "live" but would be willing to so something pre-recorded as well! 

Also, does anyone know of any sort of online classes over the summer? Maybe some sort of math class to help with math facts? Or something fun like art history?

Thanks!!

• Like 1

You might find something on the thread linked at the bottom.  It is still a work in progress and there are no reviews for elementary level classes yet but there are a list of providers you can look through.

Please keep in mind that for children that young (especially the 6 year old) an on-line class may not be all that useful unless you stay very involved or it is truly geared for little ones (short lessons, material age appropriate, etc.) or your kids just do exceptionally well with independent on-line learning.

You might look at Time for Learning and Brain Pop Jr. 

Definitely check out the options on the thread linked below, though.

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/638806-master-list-of-on-line-classes/

Edited by OneStepAtATime
  • Like 2

Hi I am new here so I hope I am doing this right!

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for online classes for younger kids? (everything seems to be geared toward middle/high school) My kids are age 9 and 6. I am looking to maybe do latin, history and or science. The only two things I could find are veritas and Wilson hill. Has anyone used either of these? Wilson hill only offers latin for kids my age though.  I would prefer something that is "live" but would be willing to so something pre-recorded as well! 

Also, does anyone know of any sort of online classes over the summer? Maybe some sort of math class to help with math facts? Or something fun like art history?

Thanks!!

For the 9 yo, maybe History at Our House, if she has strong listening comprehension.   The program is fairly accelerated at the elementary levels.  The upper levels are more or less grade level.

Other than that, BJU Distance Learning and A Beka Academy have recorded classes for the younger grades.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...