Menu

Apple Cider Vinegar for fat loss?

Moxie

Dr. Jason Fung has a short section about this in his book The Obesity Code.  He says there are no large, long-term studies, but some small, short-term studies have shown that vinegar reduces the body's insulin response to the carbohydrates you eat, and may therefore aid in weight loss.  And one study showed that diabetics who take some vinegar before bed have better fasting glucose levels in the morning.  

There's nothing magical about apple cider vinegar in particular though, it's acetic acid generally.  And I wouldn't expect the effect to be huge, just a little help along the way.

• Like 2

There are many studies that vinegar improves insulin sensitivity.  You don't need to drink straight ACV though.  You can put a spoonful in a bottle of water with a tea bag.  You can eat dill pickles (though they can be salty).

Salad dressings too.  

ETA:  Oops!  Didn't see Bluegoat's reply when I posted!

Edited by Greta
  • Like 1

Make sure it is the raw unfiltered acv. i don't know about weight loss.  But, I started on it for joint pain  ( two tablespoons and water 3x daily) and high blood pressure ( the acw & 1/8 teaspoon baking soda, 2 weeks on/2 weeks off).  It has really helped with the joint pain. verdict still out on the hbp.

• Like 1