Menu

vent about sharing germs

ktgrok

So Friday we played with the neighbors at the dog park..their kids played with my kids, I hung out (and hugged) my neighbor, etc. Saturday didn't see them. Sunday late morning I got a message from neighbor asking if we can go to the dog park together. I told her I'd go later in the day. At almost 5pm her kid knocks on my door sweetly asking if my kids can come out to play. I explained we were leaving for the dog park, so no, sorry. (they had already been). 

Well, last night neighbor posts that the third of their family members has now come down with the stomach virus!!! That the mom had been vomiting Saturday, and other DD was sick either thursday or friday. 

WHY would you come over to my house asking my kids to play when you have a stomach virus going through your house??? I'm 9 months pregnant! Baby could come any minute and you want to give us all a stomach virus? Not to mention taking them to the park on Friday when one of them had been vomiting that day (or maybe the day before..not sure on that one). 

Edited by ktgrok

Right there with you. Some people are so nonchalant about illness because I guess it isn't a big deal to them, but it can have a huge impact on other people. We try to keep our disabled dd healthy--illness can bring on seizure problems. My dh gets vertigo with anything like a cold/sinus stuff and he's in bed for a couple of days. And of course if you're 9 months pregnant you don't want the stomach virus going through your house! Church has the worst offenders--"look how good I am going to church even though I'm sick." Ugh. Stay home.

• Like 1

I would probably comment on the post, or send a PM and say, "Yikes, sorry you are sick, hope it wasn't contagious when we saw you last week!!" And see if she responds.  My need to know what the heck was going through her head would cause mild passive aggressiveness like that.

• Like 1

Wow.  Awful.

I could see if this happened after you saw them and she didn't know, but you said it happened before you guys got together.

How rude.

I have kept my kids home from a storytime because they had a cold and I knew another mom there was pg and I didn't want to do that to her.   

I am praying you don't get sick or the kids.   I was in labor once while being horribly sick.  IT is not the way to go.

• Like 1

Wow. Awful.

I could see if this happened after you saw them and she didn't know, but you said it happened before you guys got together.

How rude.

I have kept my kids home from a storytime because they had a cold and I knew another mom there was pg and I didn't want to do that to her.

I am praying you don't get sick or the kids. I was in labor once while being horribly sick. IT is not the way to go.

Thanks to a careless friend my bbf when into labor because she was sick with the stomach flu. She had taken castor oil to start labor in the past but wanted to wait it out that pregnancy. Castor oil = stomach flu in that they both get the bowels moving which irritates the uterus and starts contractions

This bugs me too, especially with stomach bugs. Those are just so nasty--please do not share!

It seems like a lot of people assume any family member who is not currently vomiting is not contagious?!?

I guess so? But with norovirus, you are contagious for quite a while!

I can't stand that.  I told someone recently I was leaving my youngest at home from the gym nursery, and they smiled sweetly and said, I just told my kids they are going sick or not and they will get over it if they get sick.  I don't mind getting sick but to spread intentionally???   Seems selfish to me.

This happens all the time at DH work though, because they only get certain amount days off whether sick or vacation, so everyone just comes in sick.

I hate that policy.  

I hate this.  I am on immunosuppressants and dd is about to go on a very strong one too.  There are so many people out there with compromised  immune systems, babies, conditions that get worse with illness, or can't afford to miss school or work, and even if you are fine and healthy and none of the previous applies, does anyone want a stomach virus, the flu, or even a cold?  NO

Ugh. Especially with a stomach thing. Anything involving barf... unless you know for sure it's something like motion sickness or a migraine... stay the heck away from other people! I'm kind of lax about the sniffles - especially this time of year when everyone is getting spring allergies and you don't know what's up. But stomach bugs! What is wrong with people?

• Like 1

Ugh. Especially with a stomach thing. Anything involving barf... unless you know for sure it's something like motion sickness or a migraine... stay the heck away from other people! I'm kind of lax about the sniffles - especially this time of year when everyone is getting spring allergies and you don't know what's up. But stomach bugs! What is wrong with people?

When my older kids were in Mom's morning out program a lady drove her kids to the preschool with a bucket she was barfing in and dropped her kids off.  She said she paid tuition and they were going!   

When my older kids were in Mom's morning out program a lady drove her kids to the preschool with a bucket she was barfing in and dropped her kids off. She said she paid tuition and they were going!

I don't know that mom throwing up necessarily means kids are sick or contagious. My husband gets stomach bugs and the kids don't get sick. The kids get stomach bugs and I don't get sick. And if I kept everyone home if one person was sick, we would rarely be able to go anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk