Menu

Girl clothes, 5 yr old

Janeway

My little girl is quite dainty. But she is tough on clothes. When she was smaller, I bought her a lot of Hanna Andersson stuff. In the last couple years, she has insisted on all screen print Disney princess stuff. As a result, I bought leggings from Target. All those leggings quickly fell apart. Plus, next year, she will be in public school, so she will be outside in colder weather. The Target leggings seem so thin. Any recommendations on where to buy clothes? Clearance sales are starting up so I am thinking I perhaps should just go back to Andersson for the pants at least. Anyone else have good suggestions?

Just FYI, if you are buying the Cat & Jack leggings from Target, they are guaranteed to last a year. I've taken back one pair for exchange already and have another waiting to go. 

I think Kohl's sells some lined leggings. They are going out of season, but here are some by Carter's. Kohl's usually has some by Jumping Beans, too.

Edited by MercyA

We have really good thrift stores around us, so I buy all kid clothes used.  It takes a bit more time and advanced planning, but I have always been able to find brand name clothes (Hanna Andersson, Mini Boden, Old Navy, Crazy 8, etc) in really good condition for $1-3.

I understand some areas are not so lucky on the thrift store front.

Wendy

• Like 3

Leggings are complicated.  :P  I used to buy them from Old Navy when my kids were that young.  Now I buy them online.  City Threads have worked out best for us - they are slim yet comfy and hold up well.  In fact, thanks for making me check, because I need to buy a couple pairs.  :P

Just FYI, if you are buying the Cat & Jack leggings from Target, they are guaranteed to last a year. I've taken back one pair for exchange already and have another waiting to go.

I think Kohl's sells some lined leggings. They are going out of season, but here are some by Carter's. Kohl's usually has some by Jumping Beans, too.

Thank you for this! The cat and jack stuff is so flimsy; I think miss Cherokee! But maybe I can try to trade in the kids pants with holes (after only a month).

• Like 1