Menu

s/o Outdoor Toys for Kids....tell me about ripsticks

umsami

They are different in that they have only two wheels so it's a different skill to ride it. My boys have them and love them. They also have skateboards and like those. And roller blades. The ripsticks are their favorites. When we go on family walks (fairly frequent) they often ripstick instead of walking. My oldest has mastered ripsticking on our large concrete patio and reading at the same time. He will do that for a long time on nice days. 

• Like 1

PLEASE helmet, helmet, helmet, helmet. For any wheeled thing. Please.

Thanks!!!

Yes, this! My kids may be more clumsy than most others but they fell off the ripstick a bunch of times before getting a hang of the different hip motion that you have to do to ride it well. It's definitely a good workout but can get tiring to keep riding after a while. My kids borrowed neighbors' ripsticks for a while and really enjoyed them. IME kids in the 8-12 set really seem to be into them. 

A rip stick is in two parts but hinged in the middle. Apparently the action is more like surfing than skating. My ds desperately wanted one for his birthday but they've gone out of fashion here and there were none in the shops anywhere. We finally found one on secondhand and much cheaper so he bought or with his birthday money.

• Like 1