Menu

s/o mothers over 40 and my dream

Night Elf

I have the strangest dreams. I entertain DH every morning with my craziness and he usually laughs at me. Last night dream was one of my more milder ones, but still funny because of this board. I've been reading the thread about mothers over 40. So I dreamed that it was my birthday and my DH gave me a card saying we could have another baby. I'm 49! I immediately came to this board to ask if anyone had experience with getting pregnant near 50. In my dream, I was posting and reading responses when I woke up. As I remember, no one had experience but everyone was congratulating me and wishing for a speedy pregnancy. Good grief!

• Like 10

LOL. I have a friend who had a baby in November at 48. Other than the fact that she is diabetic and had to have a repeat C-section at 38 weeks because her vagina is thin, it was a relatively healthy pregnancy for them both. They were in the hospital for a week and are doing beautifully.

I didn't go into menopause until I was 55 and have always been very healthy, so it was within the realm of possibility. When I had my youngest at 40, the ob/gyn said that I probably could have another if we wanted.

No regrets that we stopped there though. DH's horrific medical problems started two years later and that plus a baby would have been too much for me.

And yes, I've had similar dreams though. Having a third would have been wonderful in other circumstances.

I have been having crazy dreams too.... Last night my husband was "Ross" in Poldark season 2  and Elizabeth came looking for him because she just had his (my husbands) baby.... The baby had my husbands very distinct nose!  I do have an excuse though, this pregnant has caused some crazy dreams lately.