Menu

National Career Readiness Certificate ---anyone familiar?

On my daughter's ACT report today it mentioned her "progress toward Gold Level NCRC" (National Career Readiness Certificate), which is evidently another ACT product related to WorkKeys testing. Is anyone familiar with this? Beneficial to pursue? I've looked at the info on the ACT website, but it's not really clear who the target market for this is. 

I'm mostly bumping, but I did read something on this within the last year. I thought it was geared toward community college types whose future employers would be interested in such a certificate. However, I'm not sure many employers, as yet, understand their "need" (in ACT's eyes) for such a thing from future employees.

I think ACT is trying their best to sell the need to employers. My understanding is that there are some organizations & states who have adopted it as part of their credentialing (is that a word?) program. If your kid is going to a 4 yr college, I'm not sure it is something that makes sense to pursue.