Menu

Looking for a book recommendation about unhealthy friendships.

Wabi Sabi

Please don't quote- I may delete part of this. 

I have a 12 year old who likes to read and often processes things going on his in his life through newer books about other contemporary kids going through the same things. For instance, when he was concerned about a friend who was having some body image/disordered eating issues he gravitated towards books in the library about girls with eating disorders to understand what she was going through. 

He is currently going through some issues with a friend who has alternated between being very kind to him, then very mean and hurtful, then the friend reels him back in and the cycle repeats. We've talked about it quite a bit, but I would like to go further and find a few books to strew across the house for him about kids in his general age bracket who have with dealt breaking away from tumultuous, unhealthy friendships. 

Recent books he has enjoyed, just to give you an idea of the kind of reading material he enjoys, include Rain Reign, Fish in a Tree, The Thing about Jellyfish, The Someday Birds, and The Ethan I was Before. 

Suggestions?