Menu

very sad and solemn moment (not serious) (update)

SparklyUnicorn

Very sad.

On a completely unrelated note, my children hover over my shoulder when I am on the forums, not because they care about the content but because they want to see the dancing bacon. They are thrilled whenever I scroll through one of your posts. They scream in delight and dance every. single. time. They have told others about the dancing bacon on mom's computer. They have accused me of hiding the dancing bacon if I'm reading a thread you have not posted in. My children are easily amused!

• Like 10

Glad you got a new one.  But you didn't have a backup?

We keep a French Press around for power outages and other calamities.  Once in a while I use it just to see if I can detect any difference in the quality of the brew.  I can't.   But, even though we only use it once a year (if that), it stays.

I do remember our horrible realization when we moved into our new house and realized we had not packed the coffeemaker in a quickly accessible spot.  Fortunately there was a deli a half-mile from our home with a "coffee bar."  It wasn't really as nice as it sounded, but it was hot coffee!

• Like 6

We keep a French Press around for power outages and other calamities.  Once in a while I use it just to see if I can detect any difference in the quality of the brew.  I can't.   But, even though we only use it once a year (if that), it stays.

I do remember our horrible realization when we moved into our new house and realized we had not packed the coffeemaker in a quickly accessible spot.  Fortunately there was a deli a half-mile from our home with a "coffee bar."  It wasn't really as nice as it sounded, but it was hot coffee!

As I was reading through this thread I kept thinking -- "What?? There are people who don't have multiple means of making coffee?" And I was relieved when I got to your post and found that I'm not alone in having a backup. Or in my case several. ;)

• Like 7

As I was reading through this thread I kept thinking -- "What?? There are people who don't have multiple means of making coffee?" And I was relieved when I got to your post and found that I'm not alone in having a backup. Or in my case several. ;)

Oh I can figure out another way. But I don't really have to.  Walmart is open 24-7.  :laugh:

• Like 3

I have a small jar of instant in the freezer just in case the power goes out.  Otherwise, I can just run to the store and get a new pot.  At least this didn't happen with the morning coffee.  If that did...oh I probably would have gone to Dunkin or something...which is a 2 minute drive.

Or...one CAN dump hot water on grounds and just drink it.  I know people who drink it that way on purpose.  That'll grow hair on your chest, but it's doable.  LOL 

Edited by SparklyUnicorn
  • Like 1

In over 16 years this has never happened. 

I overbuy on coffee...and toilet paper because I live in fear of running out.  LOL

Not sure what it says about me that I only overbuy on coffee and I've got a spare single cup machine for travel and in case of emergency.

• Like 1

Y'all are minor league. Really.

I'm the only coffee drinker in the house. I currently have two opened bags of coffee beans (one regular and one decaf) as well as an extra bag of each.

For coffee making equipment I have:

A Keurig

A Hamilton Beach (I think) cup-at-a-time brewer

A French press

Two Melitta cones (possibly it's three--I've lost count and it's a long story how I came to be in possession of so many) and

A percolator

• Like 2

Y'all are minor league. Really.

I'm the only coffee drinker in the house. I currently have two opened bags of coffee beans (one regular and one decaf) as well as an extra bag of each.

For coffee making equipment I have:

A Keurig

A Hamilton Beach (I think) cup-at-a-time brewer

A French press

Two Melitta cones (possibly it's three--I've lost count and it's a long story how I came to be in possession of so many) and

A percolator

LOL!

I have quite a collection of gadgets.  But alas...nothing fancy in the coffee making department. 

• Like 1