Menu

Grammar for the Well Trained Mind?

I saw this today on the WTMA course descriptions for Intermediate Grammar. I may have missed a previous discussion as I have been engrossed in Robotics but I did a search and couldn't find any previous posts.

Grammar for the Well-Trained Mind: A Complete Course for Young Writers, Aspiring Rhetoricians, and Anyone Else Who Needs to Understand How English Works: Core Handbook

Grammar for the Well-Trained Mind: Student Workbook 1

Grammar for the Well-Trained Mind: Key to Student Workbook 1

*Please note: the Grammar for the Well-Trained Mind series is forthcoming from the Well-Trained Mind Press. Texts will be available for purchase before classes start in September.

Could this finally be true? Maybe just in time to give my Sophmores a hefty review of grammar before SAT/ACTs.

• Like 2

This is the newly completed and fully developed Advanced Language Lessons! It is a four-year program that takes students all the way through the mastery they need for rhetoric. The same Instructor Core Text is used for all four years, but each of the years has a separate student workbook and key, so that students can both  review the information they've learned *and* practice them on new material.

More details soon! It's heading to typesetting shortly.

I still have so many questions!

Is it possible for STEM kid to just do the last level and still cover everything that he needs, or does each leve emphasize different concepts?

If this is a continuation of FLL, does it mean we don't need grammar in high school once we complete the new program, or is there a separate series planned for high school?

Edited by Roadrunner
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Also bumping for an update, hoping to sign the older girls up for the Grammar classes but I'm wary that the materials may not be out in time...

Don't worry about that. My DS took a beginning grammar course last year and the teacher provided the PDF of all the materials needed.

I have seen the samples and they are great. :) I just want to see the entire TOC and have a peak at the teacher manual. 

• Like 3

Any news? Will the PDF's be out before fall? I really hope so! Because if not, I have to order Analytical Grammar or Saxon Grammar within a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My plan is AG too if they don't release it before fall. I really, really want to see a TOC. 

• 2 weeks later...