Menu

Gods great covenant curriculum

My4arrows

We use it and love it. We have started the fourth book and it did a really good job discussing and explaining the culture and structure of the Roman world, which is the back-drop for the book of Acts.

Since you've almost done all 4 books would you recommend beginning in OT1 or could we do the NT1 first? My ODS is doing an OT class right now and I'm not sure if he'd want to do it all over again right away with us.

• 4 months later...

I was thinking about this and just getting the TM and Student book. Do you really need the rest like the audio, timeline and maps?

I use just the two books. It's worked fine. The TM has tons of additional notes about the culture and things like that. We've learned a lot through using it.

Since you've almost done all 4 books would you recommend beginning in OT1 or could we do the NT1 first? My ODS is doing an OT class right now and I'm not sure if he'd want to do it all over again right away with us.

You could certainly start with the New Testament. Although, they are not all written at the same academic level. It's been a while since we did OT1 (we take much longer than a year to get through it), but I think they wrote the series so you start when the kids are in lower elementary, so... Say a first or second grader would start OT1 and the workbooks get harder as they progress through the series.