Menu

My sister and her babies are injured. :( POSITVE UPDATE #63

Ginevra

That is awful! The scaffolding should have been inspected and tightened with some regularity if it is an active job site, so someone may not have been doing their job. I hope she and the kids are okay and they can get some answers!

The winds here have been bad today along with the black ice this morning.

Prayers for your sister and her kids.

Edited by itsheresomewhere

I just saw this thread and am praying for your sister and her children. I'm so glad to hear that it sounds like none of them were seriously injured, but make sure someone keeps a close eye on them to watch for any signs of concussion. Head injuries scare me, even after the CT scans come back normal. (Yes, I am a paranoid lunatic.)

I'm so sorry they were hurt and frightened. :(

• Like 2

I'm feeling helpless at the moment and hoping this will be okay. I have very little info at the moment. My sister lives in NYC. She was walking out with the kids today (baby and preschooler) and some scaffolding fell on them. She is at the hospital; the babies are in Pediatric center with their dad. Her head was badly cut, but I don't know anything more yet.

Please send your healing thoughts or prayers that everyone will come out of this okay. :(

:grouphug:

• Like 1

Happy to hear the positive update!

POSITIVE UPDATE: the kids were checked out and released, no significant injuries. My sister needed 11 staples to close a head wound, but the CAT scan was normal. Still such a frightening thing. Wish I could apparate at their home just to see they are okay.

• Like 1

Quick update: i talked to my sister a few minutes ago. (She was asleep earlier when I phoned.) she is doing well. It was the gusty wind that caused the scaffolding to fall. It hit her back and head. There happened to be a police officer right on the street at the time, and an ambulance coming on a different call. So she waited almost no time for emergency care, which I am so thankful for. She said the NYPD officers who helped her were the most awesome, wonderful human being ever. Her worst point was when she was on the sidewalk, babies out of site, and the police officer called for an ambulance to take the kids to Pediatric. This was just due to caution, because she did not know if they had been struck also. But how frightening for her to hear them call for an ambulance while she could not see them.

Her head wound was very close to the location of her previous surgeries; the doctor said he could see the site of the previous surgery. This was the main reason they were very concerned something could be worse.

• Like 5