Menu

Did anyone watch the Grammys?

Scarlett

Haha...Adele stopped singing, swore, and then asked to start again when she was singing a tribute song for George Michael.

We watched some of it.  I found it to be rather a boring show overall.  Kinda bummed.

I love Adele but she is often a big curser.  :) 

I am not a huge Beyonce fan.....her entire production was just a little.......like she is some sort of goddess or some such.  But the show did prompt me to look up the lyrics to her some of those songs from Lemonade....she does have some great lyrics. 

The Metallica guy threw his guitar.  Hee hee.  I assume because his mic didn't work...he eventually shared with LG....they kept on going regardless.

• Like 2

I love Adele but she is often a big curser.  :)

I am not a huge Beyonce fan.....her entire production was just a little.......like she is some sort of goddess or some such.  But the show did prompt me to look up the lyrics to her some of those songs from Lemonade....she does have some great lyrics. 

The Metallica guy threw his guitar.  Hee hee.  I assume because his mic didn't work...he eventually shared with LG....they kept on going regardless.

I did not like the Beyonce thing at all.  Self indulgent rubbish.

The Metallica/LG thing was kinda funny.

• Like 2

The host wasn't very good.

Beyonce's thing was incredibly over-the-top, like she was some goddess of fertility or something.  Eww.  What little I saw made the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

It was good to see Celine Dion again.  I was thinking about the sharp contrast between her song for Titanic, and the stuff that passes for music today.  Her song is iconic and known everywhere. 

So much of this stuff is entirely forgettable. 

That angry rap stuff, calling the President "Agent Orange" was singularly unimpressive and extremely divisive.   

The host wasn't very good.

Beyonce's thing was incredibly over-the-top, like she was some goddess of fertility or something.  Eww.  What little I saw made the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

The host was ok.  The very beginning was funny.....but then falling down the stairs and missing one shoe was over the top.

And yes Beyoncé's thing creeped me out too!