Menu

Flavia de Luce #9 (POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!)

Seasider

I guess I should have seen it coming, but it surprised me. I may be awful myself, though, because there have been times when I've not liked Flavia's father. But I never expected Bradley to kill him off!

I enjoyed the book and look forward to the next one coming out sometime in 2017. I do hope to see something give in Flavia's relationship with her sisters. Or see her officially put into secret service for the country. She just can't keep stumbling across dead bodies, isn't she up to 9 or 10 now?

Every January friends post about this or that book challenge they're participating in for the year. I think it would be fun to have a Read Every Classic Mentioned in a Flavia de Luce Novel reading challenge. One day I'll have to go back through the books and make a list.

• Like 2

Oh, something crossed my mind as I read. Maybe Dieter - Bronte fan - will end up with Daffy instead of Feely.

Something really inspiring that I read today, Bradley was 70 years old when he published the first Flavia book! And it was the first novel he'd ever written.

• Like 3