Menu

Want to try MPTP for *writing*, help?

poppy

My daughter needs practice on putting together a paragraph and the early stages of learning composition.

She likes a lot of structure and worksheets. 

Well, she LOVES hands-on, but, can't see that working for writing exercises.......... 2nd choice is structured and worksheets.

I think Moving Beyond the Page might be helpful.  Can someone help direct me towards  a unit, or a few units, in ages 7-9 to try?

-----

Other programs being used include Mosdos (for lit comprehension / vocabulary), Harcourt Science , thrown together colonial history, Miquon Math. If there is another explicit writing program that would compliment, please do suggest it!

You two have talked me down, thanks.

Evan Moore 6 trait ...... can I start at any grade level? I'm thinking of getting that plus the sentence book to start.  She'll roll her eyes (she graduated public school 2nd grade) but I think it might be necessary.

This is the sentence book: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1557996067/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Gosh there are so many options, and then there are the people who say "don't even teach writing til middle school" -- I just want to magically know what to do!!

We have done several MBTP lit units. I didn't feel there was nearly enough instruction for learning to write. I have given up on them.

We are using and loving Super Sentences and Perfect Paragraphs from Scholastic. The teacher who wrote it has YouTube videos showing how he uses it in his classroom. We of course have to tweak it some but it's painless for both the kids and me but still teaching them tons. We do a sentence lesson one week and a paragraph lesson the next.

• Like 1