Menu

Remember the Cuisinart blade recall?

marbel

Has anyone received their replacement blade?   I requested mine in mid December and haven't yet.  I finally called today to ask about it. The guy on the line said something about a facility closing and reopening so shipments were pushed back.  I was told to wait 2 more weeks and then call again if it hasn't arrived.

I've used my processor with the old blade a few times since then (yes, I check it carefully before and after use) but I'm a bit frustrated.

Just wondering if anyone else has gotten a new blade yet.

I have not received my new blade. I requested it on 12/19. I did receive an email from them last week saying that there was a delay due to overwhelming response and that my replacement blade would be shipped sometime between 2/20/17 and 5/8/17...not especially helpful! I was happy for the update because I thought maybe it had been forgotten. I have also continued using my old blade (I've used it extensively for almost 19 years) but I carefully check it.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

uh, no.  I didn't know there was one!  ??? 

are these on newer models only? mine is 20 + years old.

No, it includes older models as well. Mine is almost 20 yrs old. It's based on the S-blade. You can see if your model is part of the recall.

• Like 1

Frankly, I don't think I'm ever going to get my replacement. I've called, they have no ETA for shipment. Still havent seen mine. Won't buy another Cuisinart product.

I'm not holding my breath...I'm going to keep using mine and just checking it each time. I love my food processor and my immersion blender! I may not replace with Cuisinart, though, because I've heard the new products are inferior. Hoping it won't become necessary. 

I don't recall what the warranty was on the processor so I'm not sure I'm owed a replacement blade after twenty years of heavy use. I'll be happy if it comes, okay if it doesn't.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't received it yet and I requested it as soon as I got the recall notification. I am PO'ed because they strongly advise you to dispose off the old blade immediately. So, that leaves me without a food processor for months and I am sure that it is going to take a few phone calls to get it.

I requested mine the day I heard the recall on the news last year some time, and still haven't received anything yet.  I called and they told me it would be end on June.  Basically I have a broken food processor since I can't use it. :(

• 5 months later...