Menu

The Teachers Lounge 2-8-2017

scrapbookbuzz

Happy Wednesday!

Thought I'd open the Lounge before I head out for the store (for some fruit) and then make breakfast.

Thinking of making some gluten-free waffles with fruit for breakfast this morning.

What did you have/are you having for breakfast this morning? Here: see above. But that may change!

What's for lunch? here: I have no idea yet. I may need to get some lunch meat too while at the store. Oh, and peanut butter!

Going anywhere today? Here: other than the store, I don't plan on it until I take my son to youth group tonight. We really need to get some solid schoolwork done this week!

Talk to me! :bigear:

• Like 2

Breakfast: No idea.  The kids are all still upstairs.  The littles are awake, but hanging out in their bed talking like they do most mornings.

Lunch: Pasta with meat sauce in the instant pot.

Going anywhere: Not really, thank goodness.  It's the only day this week we don't have to go to a doctor or vet.  Cameron works this afternoon so I'll drop him off and Jamie will pick him up.  All four kids have activities at church tonight, but they can walk there.

• Like 2

Breakfast: oatmeal and orange juice

Lunch will be sandwiches, potato soup for those who want it, grapes, and crackers.

We have cut our Wednesday outings to only violin lessons today.  The little one is still sick and taking them in areas full of other kids is going to be a no-no.  We can't skip violin, though.  I think the 7yo would murder me. :lol: He's only missed one lesson in the 5 months since he started and if I have to be honest, his passion is making him get quite good progress.  Yesterday we watched a video of him from December barely working out Mary Had A Little Lamb, and then watched as he scoffed and said "who is that kid?  Not me!" and played it, and a few other tunes, beautifully.

• Like 3

HomeAgain, love that your little one has found a passion! Tell him to keep up the great work!

I decided to not go to the store just yet. I think I can make lunch and dinner work with what we have here for today.

Might have to hit the store on the way home tonight, though. Maybe.

Just sat down to eat waffles and drink some coffee. Have double chocolate muffins in the oven. Hopefully those will last 

through tomorrow's breakfast!

• Like 2

Good morning! What's left of it.

HomeAgain, that's great for your little one! I am jealous because if I could learn anything it would be to play the violin. Maybe someday I'll have time.

Butter, it would be so nice to be able to walk to church! Ours is 10 miles away, but it takes us 15-18 minutes.

Breakfast was coffee and Cheerios Ancient Grains with unsweetened almond milk. Ds made himself a bowl of cereal, too.

I'm eating lunch right now, and it's a hamburger and a few French fries from a local favorite because ds and I have already been out today, which leads to the last topic of conversation.

Ds had a hair cut appointment this morning. He likes to cut it every 5 weeks. He's got naturally wavy hair and a few cowlicks, so cutting it often helps him manage it. I dropped off a set of IEW SWI-A Dvds that I've been using for a class. The lady who owns them is moving this weekend.

I still have to go back out today, too. Ds' piano teacher moved his lesson to this afternoon, and I've got to go tutor my GED ladies at the treatment facility after that. We have church tonight, too.

• Like 2

HomeAgain, that's great for your little one! I am jealous because if I could learn anything it would be to play the violin. Maybe someday I'll have time.

I'm a little jealous, too!  I have zero musical talent, though I love it.  He is taking to it like a duck to water.

I have zero note-taking skills, too, it seems.  I drove the kids to the wrong music shop, making the 7yo late.  To be fair, his teacher has bounced him between both of his locations while he tried to get all his students in one place (one in a restricted area, the other in a more public location).  He gave up on that venture last week and told us to come to his usual spot.........which I promptly forgot and drove to the more public one, schlepped three kids and a heavy diaper bag out of the car, waited, turned around, buckled everyone back in, and drove to the other place to repeat the same routine. 

I took the meat for dinner out last night and really don't want to cook it because it takes forever.  I'm so tired this afternoon!

• Like 2

We did our rescheduled bowling play date. My right arm now hurts. But, my first throw was a strike, and my overall score was 101. Which isn't bad, since the last time I bowled was in the '90s (and I rarely bowled back then). So, okay, there were bumpers, because the kids needed them, but, that's a detail, right? It was Broccoli's second time bowling, and Celery's first time bowling, and they hit the bumpers so often they kept telling each other that it was bowling, not playing a pinball machine, lol.

• Like 3

Oooo, bowling AND pinball! That's my kind of game!

We just arrived back from a friend's house. these are our family friends.

Part of my dcs' English assignment today was to observe a person. They both chose their

friends in this particular family. And the family was home and receptive to our visit. So after they 

did their assignment, they had time to interact with each other (play) and the moms hung out.

• Like 3

The completed Hanging Gardens ziggurat.
Do you know how difficult it is to make shrubbery actually hang from LEGOS? I'm satisfied with the outcome.

Enough that we can now move on to other things!
Took us 3 days, total of almost four hours to get this done. Had to take apart and restructure foundation once.

Edited by scrapbookbuzz
  • Like 2

The completed Hanging Gardens ziggurat.

Do you know how difficult it is to make shrubbery actually hang from LEGOS? I'm satisfied with the outcome.

Enough that we can now move on to other things!

Took us 3 days, total of almost four hours to get this done. Had to take apart and restructure foundation once.

Picture picture

• Like 2