Menu

website with ABA videos for parents?

caedmyn

I also like Mary Barbera a lot. She has videos on YouTube and her website.

She has a thing where if you sign up for her emails you can be invited to a subscription thing every few months. I havent done it and don't think it is the right thing for us now, but 3-4 years ago i would have tried it.

I have one of her books, and she has a downloadable ebook on her website now too (that I also would have jumped on 3-4 years ago, but I had been getting services 2-3 years already when the ebook came out).

I just think she seems like a nice person.

Edited by Lecka

I don't think that's the same website I was thinking of.  The one I was thinking of actually had a whole bunch of videos of different ABA scenarios broken down into all their steps, so you could just watch one and do the same thing with your child.  Does that make sense?  I'm not very familiar at all with ABA so describing it as best as I can.

They might show techniques but you probably cant just copy a session of the internet. Or you can but it probably wouldn't be that good.

It just doesn't really work that way.

A lot is individualized and you would want to know you were targeting appropriate things for your child and not the child in the video.

I do not know, but I do know the website exists and had videos showing step-by-step for dozens of situations/skills/whatever they're called.  It doesn't seem like to would be that difficult to watch the video for teaching a child to sit in a chair, if yours has trouble doing that, and implement the steps (this is what the free one I watched covered) and see if that helps.  I got the impression it was designed for parents/teachers who otherwise don't have access to ABA therapy.  Anyway, it is not for me, it is for a friend.