Menu

S/O bioidential hormones

busymama7

My naturopath wanted me 4 days on and remaining days off but I slept better with using it every evening so she said it's okay to use it daily.

Now and then I miss a dose but I don't feel any differences.

I have no uterus so if you are still menstruating, recommendations may be different.

Ok my doctor has me on it all the time and I was curious if that was common. I would like another baby but we think I am done ovulating. My youngest is 2.5 and I'm 99% sure I haven't ovulated since she was born. I have tried cycling the progesterone for several months but it didn't help with ovulation and all my debilitating symptoms came rushing back with not being on it the whole month.

My doctor insists it increases fertitily and that the bioidential Pro does not interfere with ovulation as the synthetic does (like pro only BC) but I still sometimes wonder. I was at essentially zero (I think it was .04) before beginning and like I said had horrible symptoms that I'm not looking to resume. And at 40, I think if I don't keep my levels up any conception would have a fairly high risk of miscarriage so I'm not sure there is a perfect solution.

I also began thyroid treatment at the same time after trying desperately to get help since my late teens. My doctor says that 20 years of untreated thyroid issues could have triggered early menopause. I do still cycle at this point but no signs of ovulation even with temping.

Busymama-

I realized that you may be taking something different than I after reading your original post. I'm using the progesterone cream. That said, I do know that when I used it daily for several cycles, my ovulation was not inhibited at all. 😊

Busymama-

I realized that you may be taking something different than I after reading your original post. I'm using the progesterone cream. That said, I do know that when I used it daily for several cycles, my ovulation was not inhibited at all. 😊

Thanks that's helpful. Mine is oral pills I take at night.

and... I think everyone is very different so the blood test results are usually key to how it's taken.  Mine was at a 1 and the doc wanted me to at least at a 15, whatever that means. lol  So, I started taking it daily (orally) all month long and only coming off of it for 5 days once my period starts. That worked ok for the #'s in the blood test, but emotionally/mentally I would take a huge dive when I was off of it, so she added the lowest dose cream to use during that 5 days so my body didn't feel a full withdrawl. But I was still to omit the oral dose during that 5 days.  

I asked why I wasn't mimicking the bodys natural rhythm of being little-to-no progest for 2 weeks of the month and she gave me a super techincal reason that bascially means we're all different and I was so chronically low that I have to take it this way. 

OTOH, my sister just bought something over the counter and used it for a year the way the label suggested and in the end, it messed up her body's ability to produce it on it's own and made things worse.  I wouldn't have thought that so now I tell everyone to use a doctor when tweaking hormones!

Edited by candmforever