Menu

Trying to decide whether or not to put dd on the pill (obviously female content)

Did any of the last few posters notice the date of the OP? Who is bringing up these year old threads?

I didn't notice about the date - just the topic. I'll pay more attention next time.

Claire- When discussing this my Ob, he told me that not bleeding while on hormone supplements, after giving birth, etc was not detrimental to you health. I don't remember the exact reason but it had to do with the hormones. However, in my case with totally whacked out hormones on a normal basis, it was not a good thing to do which is why hormone supplementation is often recommended. Fortunately, having my kids evened things out for me and I don't have the issue any more - or maybe unfortunately. I kind of miss the days where I only had 2 a year. :lol:

• 1 month later...

I didn't read all the responses but I do want to ask. Is your daughter or you over weight? The reason I ask is I have never been regular either but recently lost 50 pounds and now have regular (as in clock work kinda regular) menses. My daughter is 13 yo and started about a year ago. She has only had a few cycles. Not regular at all...I started her on a weightloss program because she is 30+ pounds overweight for her age. So she has lost around 10 pounds and just had another mense so we will wait and see. My point is weight does effect our bodies. (this may not be your case I don't know)

My daughter has PMDD and one of the treatments for this is putting her on the pill. We asked if there was an alternative and ended up using Lexapro (a SSNRI) in increased dosages before her cycle. It has worked and I just was very wary about the pill. I would not consider it at all if your daughter has migraines. I got a very severe of migraine when I was on the pill and while I know that the levels of hormone are a lot less these days, I also knew my daughter had worse migraines than me even without the pill.

She'll be 16 in less than a month.

I am pretty sure that is still not too young to be irregular. She is still maturing everywhere but if she is having other problems like lots of cramps or a too heavy flow or too light flow she could probably use a good herbal hormone balancer. I use one from Radiantwonder.com. you can list symptoms and they will recommend a formula. I have been using one for several years that has banished my hot flashes,

Just my opinion, I hope you decide against Birth Control pills.