Menu

Western Washington is closed due to snow.

mellifera33

we actually got around 6" so far on my deck where it first started to stick - other places have less.  like the driveway/road.)  I'm shocked.

2ds is walking to work - about 1 1/2 - 2 miles.  (he's interning at a cpa firm - I kinda doubt they'll be in too early, especially since they can work from home.)  all of his classes have also been cancelled.

i attached a pic, we'll see how it worked.  it was taken earlier, so it's still fairly "blue".  (though I could edit the color . . . .)

post-21762-0-27225600-1486396898_thumb.jpg

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 7

we actually got around 6" so far on my deck where it first started to stick - other places have less.  like the driveway/road.)  I'm shocked.

2ds is walking to work - about 1 1/2 - 2 miles.  (he's interning at a cpa firm - I kinda doubt they'll be in too early, especially since they can work from home.)  all of his classes have also been cancelled.

i attached a pic, we'll see how it worked.  it was taken earlier, so it's still fairly "blue".  (though I could edit the color . . . .)

How beautiful! I would love to see snow! (Actually, I would even settle for some cold weather for a few weeks during winter!)

• Like 2

We get about 4 inches of slushy snow. Enrichment classes are cancelled for us, and dh work is canceled. So I am in my pjs and dh and the kids are playing outside :) It's going to be a great day, except I was planning to go grocery shopping o.O 

• Like 1

We only have about 2 inches, although she would have had a lot more if it had all stuck.  My parents have about 8 but they are a bit farther north than us.  We are not doing a snow day because we got the snow that hit in December and January which we did as snow days and that combined with sick days is just too much time off.  I am letting them have a late start so they can enjoy the snow for a couple hours before it melts.  All the schools around here are closed except one that is on a 2 hour delay.

• Like 1

My kids think I'm a big meanie because we're doing school today. Oh well. Our move in December ate a bunch of days and we can't afford extra days off now. They played outside this morning and will play again this afternoon. They can deal with some a academics in between their snowball fights.

I'm surprised at how heavy it is coming down - and it is barely accumulating. it's just too warm. 

the sun is currently trying to come out

eta: aaaannnnddddd snoqualmie is still closed.  stevens is open.  I watch the passes to try and get a snow fix.. . .

Edited by gardenmom5

We're just over the mountains on 90 and have gotten a super goodly amount of snow this year (probably 1.5 to 2 feet total, all of it still on the ground).  I love it!  We got about the same as you over night -- another 6 inches. No school cancellations around town though today. An ice storm shut things down for a day a couple of weeks ago, but no closures because of the snow.  We did school today, too. 

Edited by milovany
  • Like 1

2ds walked to work, it's about 2 1/2 miles.  it took longer because of the snow.  he was still the most dressed up.  (he was the only one wearing a tie last week.)  someone gave him a ride and dropped him off by our hill.  (which is still snowed in - but I'm optimistic I can get up with awd and spikes spiders.  maybe even with just the awd.  it really is that steep.)

he normally only works a half day because he has classes in the afternoon.  so, he worked a full day and doesn't have to go in tomorrow.  but can if he want's the money . .. . (they actually asked him if he had a classmate who was as strong in excel and mos? and available in the afternoon.  he doesn't.  

• Like 1

Once you get to the main drags yes. But I saw two shattered trees just on the way to the grocery store. And one downed power line just in our neighborhood. So be careful when driving out there!

I heard what sounded like larger branches come down - and some friends had a tree come down on power lines.

this morning - everything is very icy. it warmed up enough yesterday there was a lot of water on the roads - then it got cold overnight and froze.  the moon was out when I went to bed.

a lot is still closed, or else it's late.  some areas are expecting more snow today.

• Like 1

Yesterday was our first snow day since moving out of (the city where we lived) and although we are still technically in a suburban area, the rural influence shows through in the neighborhood choice of snow day activities: building snowmen and shooting them with bb guns.  :lol:  My sons were very impressed. I, on the other hand, was a little nervous about going out to get the mail. 

Yesterday was our first snow day since moving out of (the city where we lived) and although we are still technically in a suburban area, the rural influence shows through in the neighborhood choice of snow day activities: building snowmen and shooting them with bb guns.  :lol:  My sons were very impressed. I, on the other hand, was a little nervous about going out to get the mail. 

hmm, that might inspire dudeling to actually build a snowman.  then he can shoot it with his nerf guns.  2dd sent him a huge box of nerf darts/bullets for his birthday.

• Like 1

I still haven't ventured out.  Kid 2 has an orthodontist consult today, so I'm going out after lunch.  Dh opted to stay home to work again.  I've seen plenty of trucks/4x4s driving by on our road.  Which is covered in ice currently.  So I'll find out the deal when I leave later.  I'm sure it's all normal on the main roads right?  Schools were delayed, not closed.  

I wish we had more snow coming...I like the snow.  

I still haven't ventured out.  Kid 2 has an orthodontist consult today, so I'm going out after lunch.  Dh opted to stay home to work again.  I've seen plenty of trucks/4x4s driving by on our road.  Which is covered in ice currently.  So I'll find out the deal when I leave later.  I'm sure it's all normal on the main roads right?  Schools were delayed, not closed.  

I wish we had more snow coming...I like the snow.  

Things are fine as soon as you get off of your street and onto the main road.  That road is plowed and sanded. 

they sanded and graveled my hill.  we had our day's entertainment with the mail-truck struggling to get up it with chains.  after they sanded and graveled it . . . but, he made it up.

I may venture out.  I have awd to get up my hill.