Menu

Accountability Thread: 2/5-2/11

One more week until break....

Today I need to figure out how I'm going to get the cooking and cleaning done this week. School has been figured out. I've got some out of the house activities to factor in this week.

But the week after is a glorious little break from the action. I've got to figure out what cleaning projects I want to take on. Right now I'm leaning toward cleaning out my desk and going through my clothes (these are actually really light things--I haven't cluttered my desk and I don't have many clothes) and maybe do the garage. This also isn't that big of a deal for me. But it needs straightening up, and I need to seek a storage solution for two kayaks, paddles, life-jackets and so forth. I won't do any of that this week, but I'll pick a day to do it on my break.

• Like 5

Not much going on with us today, enjoyed a lovely church service, planning a simple dinner because Dh is at a Superbowl party and really no one else cares if we eat cereal or toast or whatever.  Co op starts next week and the boys are excited about that, well the younger one is excited about, not sure if the older one is or not.  Looking forward to this week because we have no appointments until Friday.

• Like 3

Good morning. On the docket for today we have:

French-review lesson 10, three pages

Latin-Lesson 9, DVD, workbook (review of adjectives)

Math-Lesson 8, 1 page KTD

Grammar/Composition-New words for spelling, KISS grammar-logic of words lesson 1, WWS Week 10, Day 1

History- Cp 6, OUP, answer questions, additional reading

Science-Carbon Chemistry Cp 6, answer questions, additional reading

Literature-continue reading Breakfast on Mars (Essays)

Creative Writing-continue with POV, still playing around with changing point of view in character.

For me: French, Latin, Geometry, Writing, Housekeeping, Cooking

• Like 5

Good Tuesday morning! I did not want to get out of bed this morning. And I don't want to clean the kitchen, but I will.

Today's schedule: 

French-continue review lesson 10, 3 pages workbook

Latin-continue lesson 9, vocabulary review, workbook 1 page

Math-Lesson 9, 1 page KTD

Grammar/Comp-Practice spelling, continue lesson 1 in KISS, Day 2 in WWS Week 10

History/Science-swap from yesterday

Creative Writing/Literature-swap from yesterday

For me: French, Latin, Geometry, Writing, Housekeeping, Writers' Meeting tonight.

• Like 4

Good morning! It's a nice day here; we will be kayaking. :001_smile:

Today's school:

French-finish up the review lesson

Latin-review vocab, workbook

Math-Quiz

Grammar/Writing-Spelling practice, continue grammar lesson 1 on the logic of words, WWS Day 3

History-finish chapter in OUP, questions, additional reading

Chemistry-finish chapter in Carbon Chemistry, questions, additional reading

Literature-essay in Breakfast on Mars

Creative Writing-more playing with POV characters

For me: French, Latin, Geometry test!, Writing, Housekeeping, Movie Night. I plan to spend most of my afternoon lazing beside the river with editing pen in hand thinking sublime thoughts. :001_smile: Or dozing. :laugh:

• Like 5

We had a great day. Schoolwork was completed in the great outdoors under a warm sun, and the boys were in the boats shortly after noon, and paddled until they felt they were going to get blisters on their hands. I thought sublime thoughts for a while, then dozed for a while, then thought sublime thoughts, and dozed...

• Like 4

Not feeling a hundred percent today, so we are staying home from Art class today.

Today's schedule:

Art-we will paint here at home

No French, Latin, Math or Grammar today.

Grammar/Comp-spelling test, WWS Day 4

History/Science-swap from yesterday

Literature/Creative Writing-swap from yesterday

No Logic today.

For me: Finish Geometry test, Housekeeping, Writing, Cooking

• Like 3

Another week is getting away from me, you guys! Grrr! :cursing: The toddler has gotten off rhythm somehow and has been up in the middle of the night ready to play 3 nights in a row. Needless to say, focusing on schoolwork with the kids has been a huge struggle. I'm exhausted, the baby is cranky. It's so hard to be productive with those conditions.

Anyway, I was feeling a little more with it yester and did an order of operations math lesson and history lesson with dd.

I did a phonics lesson, buddy reading, and handwriting practice with ds.

Piano practice and independent reading got done every day as always. I could have done more but piano lessons and other out of the house activities shortened the seat work portion of the day.

Let's see what we get done today. I'm exhausted again but feeling the need to get school work done. We should be able to manage as much as we did yesterday. Then maybe I'll feel like I deserve a nap this afternoon.

Hope you feel better, Critter!

• Like 4

Hope you feel better, Critter! 

Me too. So far nothing worse than general ickiness. It better go away by tomorrow is all I've got to say.

We are done with school. I got through the cooking okay. Housekeeping was done this morning.  I got my two critiques done this morning. I think I feel well enough to tackle the rest of that geometry now, and then I plan to write for a while.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 3

This has been a really tough week and it isn't over.

Both teens have been melting down in reaction to different challenges.  The challenges are tough ones that I cannot fix with a magic mommy wand. 

Algebra - all assignments done and graded.  I'm actually proud of myself that I still know what is going on in algebra.  I think that I'm finally developmentally ready for this math! 

Logic - all assignments done and graded. 

Literature - all assignments done and graded.  There was supposed to be one more assignment but I goofed when drawing up the assignment list and it isn't worth the fight to add one more at this point.

Grammar - all assignments except for the test are done.  She says that she'll do the test tonight.  We'll see.  I'm not done with the grading yet.

Geography - All assignments are done except for a project which she says that she'll do tonight.  Again, we'll see.

Biology - All assignments except for two labs are done.  She says that she'll do those tomorrow. 

Japanese - we did two days worth this week.  I'm going to let this one go for this week. 

• Like 4

Saturday -

The geography project got done at the Y last night.  She got friend help on it which is fine by me because it is a project and it actually spurred her on to working harder on it.

She just did the grammar test that she promised would be done yesterday.  It's ok if it is done now as long as it is done.

I can't see how she can volunteer for 9 hours and still do her biology labs so I suspect that they will get done on Sunday. 

Now my homework:

Grammar - All graded and recorded.

Later today I need to finish grading geography and two biology projects. 

• Like 2