Menu

Do those essential oil machines work good?

1GirlTwinBoys

I don't know if they work well, but I know lavendar is great for helping fall asleep.  I used to just use some in a spray bottle with water and would spritz the pillows. Or would use that lavendar scented baby bath stuff.  I have never used an EO diffuser though to give feedback on that.

Just be careful if you have very small children and animals, some oils can cause respiratory distress in them when diffused :)

Edited by Arctic Mama

We have three of these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VKA2EIA/ref=sr_ph_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1486311201&sr=sr-1&keywords=diffuser+smiley+daisy

And a similar more expensive one that was the first we bought. I've never used one that was water based (ultrasonic) because mold was a big issue at the last two houses we lived.

We use them in our bedrooms at night. I like how I can fill the bottle with a blend of things generally lavender, eutaliptics, tea tree and not have to refill it for a couple of weeks. I set the ones I link to too the lowest output power, longest off setting, and shortest on setting.

I would say the kids sleep better for it. DH likes it when he feels like he has a cold says it help keeps the back of his mouth moist in the night so it's not dry and scratchy like it could be.