Menu

s/o sneezing--funny things that make you sneeze

maize

Mine is chocolate--dark chocolate, which I love. Always makes me sneeze on the first bite: two sneezes in row, then I'm done and can enjoy the rest of the chocolate.

Unfortunately this gives me away to my kids when I am sneaking chocolate just for myself and don't want to share!

• Like 2

The sunlight thing is pretty common. Middle child has always sneezed, and still does to this day. It'll happen sometimes when simply walking into a bright room from a dark room. :)

ETA: One of my siblings (can't remember which) would sneeze when they got cold. Like on a warm day, eating a big milk shake or slushy or something, they would start shivering and sneeze a few times. :)

Edited by Mimm
  • Like 1

I discovered my nephew sneezes when he gets full.  I was with him at a meal and suddenly he started sneezing several times.  He remarked that he was very full and his body was reminding him.  Go figure!  I had never heard of that before but he assured me he's been like that for years. 

• Like 1

I only recently learned that not everyone can make themselves by sunlight or looking into a bright light.

My dh thought I was nuts and I couldn't believe neither of my children have this ability.

Choking makes me sneeze. After a coughing spell from something going down the wrong pipe I will have a sneezing fit.

Edited by kewb

Besides the usual things--allergies, colds--I'll sneeze if I smell cigarette smoke or strong perfume/cologne. But the oddest thing that makes me sneeze is exercise--not during, but nearly always when I stop exercising I'll have a sneezing fit. I keep telling dh I'm allergic to exercise but he doesn't seem to believe me. :p

• Like 1

I only recently learned that not everyone can make themselves by sunlight or looking into a bright light.

My dh thought I was nuts and I couldn't believe neither of my children have this ability.

Choking makes me sneeze. After a coughing spell from something going down the wrong pipe I will have a sneezing fit.

This is my DH and me!

Rubbing the inside corner of my eye next to my nose makes me sneeze repeatedly.

Years ago, an ENT gave me a shot to stop headaches that were thought to be caused by my nose. I can't remember if it stopped my headache at all, but it did stop the sneezing from rubbing the inside of my eye for 24 hours. I mentioned it to the doctor on my followup visit, but he had no explanation.

I discovered my nephew sneezes when he gets full. I was with him at a meal and suddenly he started sneezing several times. He remarked that he was very full and his body was reminding him. Go figure! I had never heard of that before but he assured me he's been like that for years.

Apparently someone gave this a name:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snatiation

• Like 1

Mine is chocolate--dark chocolate, which I love. Always makes me sneeze on the first bite: two sneezes in row, then I'm done and can enjoy the rest of the chocolate.

Me too. I grade chocolate by the number of sneezes. Two sneeze is good stuff. Four sneeze is exceptional.

• Like 2