Menu

Mindfulness/Meditation Resources

LarlaB

I've been reading and enjoying the "Mindfullness" (William and Penman) and am doing the 8 week plan.

My stress level has been too high for too long. As has anxiety. And frequent illness.

I am excercising 3x a week and trying to gently overhaul diet.

Have added Theanine and holy basil leaf into the mix.

It all helps.

What helps most (it seems) is meditation and conscious letting go.

What recommendations do you have for any meditation or mindfulness apps? Yes phone app. I see the irony.

My favorite classic book in that field is Jerry Braza's Moment by Moment.  I have re-read it more times than I can count.

You might also want to investigate restorative and/or yoga nidra (aka yoga sleep). I switched to restorative yoga this summer when I had an ankle injury and got hooked. To me it's mindfulness with stretching. My teacher also suggested yoga nidra. I haven't been able to attend a class, but I downloaded several recordings that I listen to.

• Like 1

I used 'Calm' but I don't have a subscription.  I use their free body scan options regularly, particularly at night, and occasionally their 'best of' daily calm.

I have paid the (one-off) fee for Buddhify and also use that regularly (most mornings before work). There are lots of different styles - tons of options for you.

• Like 1

Sadie recommended the Smiling Minds app on another thread.  I got it and tried it and it is wonderful.  It's also free and the narrator has an Australian accent.  I have tried mindfulness myself, but having a guide really helps me. I just might be getting addicted.

• Like 4