Menu

Mosdos Press Website

tmstranger

I have some samples (gr. 3-7) that I can email you as well, if you like, just send me a PM with your email addy.  :)

Edited to add, I can also try to dig up their email addy if you don't have it. If you email and ask for samples they send more than what is on their website.  They are very helpful. 

Edited by Jess4879

I have some samples (gr. 3-7) that I can email you as well, if you like, just send me a PM with your email addy.  :)

Edited to add, I can also try to dig up their email addy if you don't have it. If you email and ask for samples they send more than what is on their website.  They are very helpful. 

That's so sweet...If you have their email address, that is helpful.  I'm mostly looking for grade 8, but possibly grade 5.  Don't go to too much trouble to find it, though...I'm always so indecisive, so I can definitely wait.  I was just getting antsy because their website has been down for a while.  Stuck inside in cold February weather just makes you want to plan for next year!

Before the website went down they would not answer their phone and did not respond to voice mail or email. I heard another company bought them but don't know if that is true. I had purchased a resource CD that will not load on a newer operating system and have not been able to reach anyone. I'm very disappointed with Mosdos and hope they get their act together soon.

Before the website went down they would not answer their phone and did not respond to voice mail or email. I heard another company bought them but don't know if that is true. I had purchased a resource CD that will not load on a newer operating system and have not been able to reach anyone. I'm very disappointed with Mosdos and hope they get their act together soon.

Yikes!

That's so sweet...If you have their email address, that is helpful.  I'm mostly looking for grade 8, but possibly grade 5.  Don't go to too much trouble to find it, though...I'm always so indecisive, so I can definitely wait.  I was just getting antsy because their website has been down for a while.  Stuck inside in cold February weather just makes you want to plan for next year!

This is the email addy I have:  mosdospress@moh1.org

I found them very quick to respond.  I will be so sad if they are closed and I will be quickly buying the other levels through RR!  We love Mosdos here! 

• Like 1

No word from RR yet.

I just had a live chat online with RR and their understanding is that Mosdos is still in business but undergoing internal changes. They have been told that they, (RR), will still be able to sell Mosdos products in the future. And this is assuming that they are receiving accurate information.
  • Like 2

I just had a live chat online with RR and their understanding is that Mosdos is still in business but undergoing internal changes. They have been told that they, (RR), will still be able to sell Mosdos products in the future. And this is assuming that they are receiving accurate information.

Good to know!  :)  I went ahead and ordered the other two levels I wanted, just in case. 

Do you buy the student text, workbook and teacher's guide? Assuming I'll need them all. I may go ahead and purchase them also.

We just use the textbooks. *If* they were cheaper, I might have given the TG & Workbook a try...but the textbooks seriously have so much in them, I didn't feel like it was necessary to add more at these grades levels. 

We did start keeping Literature INB's, which has proven to be a great addition.  We got these and I love them. :)  https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Reading-Interactive-Notebook-Literature-745824

We also just use the textbook. There are plenty of comprehension/discussion questions, as well as writing assignments and projects (especially in the unit wrap-up).

Also, the literary elements are explained/introduced at the beginning of each unit.

Edited by alisoncooks
  • Like 2

We did Jade level this year, and I bought the student textbook, workbook, and teacher's guide. We ditched the workbook pretty quickly. I liked the convenience of the teacher's guide when we sat down to discuss and there is a lot more info in it, but it's almost to the point of overwhelming at times.

• Like 1

For those who are saying the workbook is unnecessary...

For a dysgraphic kid (trouble with the physical act of writing in this case), would the workbook mean less copying and/or less writing overall? 

I think Mosdos is associated with a private school in Cleveland (based on searching the internet for Mosdos Ohr Hatorah as listed in the copyright). It's an interesting search and may shed light on the reorganization.

For those who are saying the workbook is unnecessary...

For a dysgraphic kid (trouble with the physical act of writing in this case), would the workbook mean less copying and/or less writing overall? 

I think Mosdos is associated with a private school in Cleveland (based on searching the internet for Mosdos Ohr Hatorah as listed in the copyright). It's an interesting search and may shed light on the reorganization.

The writing assignments included in the texts are optional.  We use a separate writing and have only done a Mosdos assignment twice this year.  I definitely wouldn't get the workbook for a child who struggles with writing.  You can view samples at Rainbow Resource.  The workbooks are basically fill in the blank, crosswords, etc to aid comprehension and vocabulary. 

We read just and discuss and I think the kids have gained a lot.  The discussion questions are very good at making them think. 

Edited by Jess4879

I wouldn't recommend the workbook for a child with dysgraphia either. I found it to be a lot of busy work that I imagine would be easy to grade in a school environment. I had DD jot down her thoughts to the questions in the student text, but at least at the Jade level, they weren't writing assignments. It was more of a launching point for discussions.

• Like 1

Just to update on my end...I have not heard back from Mosdos. Glad to hear that RR expects them to stay in business, though!

I googled, as a previous poster mentioned, and it doesn't sound encouraging.  The school is 14 million in debt.  Not sure how much the school & texts are tied, but I'm doubly glad I just ordered the books I needed and won't have to worry about it.  It sounds like there is still a long road to go for the school...

• Like 1

I googled, as a previous poster mentioned, and it doesn't sound encouraging. The school is 14 million in debt. Not sure how much the school & texts are tied, but I'm doubly glad I just ordered the books I needed and won't have to worry about it. It sounds like there is still a long road to go for the school...

It sounds like school went into receivership and was bought by a philanthropic group. Agree that it doesn't sound good.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a response from RR that they were told that Mosdos was making changes with their printing company and as far as they (RR) knew Mosdos was expected to stay in business.  It sounds like the company is giving out a LOT of mixed messages.  I love their books, but am glad I have the levels I need and can wash my hands of it. 

• 3 months later...