Menu

"English time" signing videos? Are they actually ASL?

Does anyone either have experience with these or is anyone willing to watch a bit of them to give me a review? I have a kiddo who won't talk (she's still young: not quite 2 yet) but is very responsive to signs, so I want to step up my game with teaching her signs.

Here's the youtube link:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGzvxtXEo5Kdc2-u7qZe7hA

In particular, there are some that sign more than just single words in isolation, like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_2855361687&feature=iv&src_vid=vWoLBaUg46U&v=JDYABM4a-WI

Edited by deanna1ynne

They look like modified Signing Time videos so yes they are ASL. I'm curious as how they came to be because is googling Rachael Cloeman ( the woman in the videos) I found no mention of an "English Time" series.

ETA: We love Signing Time. My son is deaf and these videos are how we first learned ASL. Our library had a great selection.

Edited by Beaniemom

They look like modified Signing Time videos so yes they are ASL. I'm curious as how they came to be because is googling Rachael Cloeman ( the woman in the videos) I found no mention of an "English Time" series.

ETA: We love Signing Time. My son is deaf and these videos are how we first learned ASL. Our library had a great selection.

Cool. Thanks! I like that they're free and available online, whereas the library's signing time videos are often scratched and skip, but I didn't realize that they were the same lady. I thought it was very odd that they're called "English time" when it's all about signing, so I don't know if there are licensing issues in play.

My kids really like them - even my 7 yo really likes to watch them with the 21 month old! lol.

So odd! They look legit because that's clearly Rachel saying "It's English Time" and it's a slightly different intro on the video, but I can't find any mention of it anywhere. And I follow all things Two Little Hands very closely. I was an instructor with the Signing Time Academy and still stay involved with their kickstarter campaigns and updates. Strange that there's no mention of these on their site. I wonder if it was a test project of sorts that they abandoned? 

So odd! They look legit because that's clearly Rachel saying "It's English Time" and it's a slightly different intro on the video, but I can't find any mention of it anywhere. And I follow all things Two Little Hands very closely. I was an instructor with the Signing Time Academy and still stay involved with their kickstarter campaigns and updates. Strange that there's no mention of these on their site. I wonder if it was a test project of sorts that they abandoned? 

I'm actually suspicious it may be someone slicing and dicing their videos to put something up that looks legit but is not.

My kids are in the Treeschoolers Science video and have stayed involved since and have heard nothing about this.

I'm actually suspicious it may be someone slicing and dicing their videos to put something up that looks legit but is not.

My kids are in the Treeschoolers Science video and have stayed involved since and have heard nothing about this.

Me too. I was looking at it last night and wondering if maybe it needs to be reported. I was planning on asking them about it. Edited by Renai

Aw, that's sad for me. Not that it shouldn't be reported if it's violating licensing stuff. But just sad for me that we won't have access to it anymore. Guess we'll go back to the library's signing videos!

I emailed Two Little Hands about it. They said it is legit, but thanked me for notifying them. You can enjoy in good conscience!

• Like 4