Menu

Dr Hive: really early morning sickness?

Katy

Anybody ever had sudden food aversions and have everything taste wrong at about 6 dpo?  I wasn't tracking anything, just going by calendar. Usually I don't get symptoms other than mild breast pain until I'm at least 5 days late.

Maybe I'm just getting a virus.

With kid #4, I had symptoms at 4 dpo. That is, I felt "off" in the way I usually do just days before getting my period and thought "could it be because I am pregnant?". And the next day, I still felt off and something else happened that confirmed (for me) that I was pregnant.

That being said, DH refused to believe it until I had a positive test.

• Like 1

Yeah, I just find it hard to believe I got stomach flu or something when 1) none of the kids or their friends have it, and 2) smells and tastes are worse than the nausea, which is typical of 6 week morning sickness for me.

OTOH, DH said someone he works with has stomach flu, so maybe he's a carrier, and I'll be the first one with symptoms.

I had nausea with #1 before I tested positive, I can't remember if it was that early but had to be before 10 dpo. I remember going in a grocery store and nearly gagging. I didn't have that as much with the others but I tend to gain 5 lbs right off the bat with every single pregnancy, I'm very sensitive to hormonal fluctuations, thus why bc made me gain weight like crazy!

• Like 1

I have 'symptoms' (mucus changes, tiredness, and pregnancy dreams/nightmares) within 24-48 hours. My nausea doesn't start until 5 weeks, but I know of women who had nausea as their first symptom at 3 weeks, well before the skipped period. It's definitely possible.

Edited by abba12
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone.  I think it's far too early to test.  At this point the only thing from my typical diet I still like the taste of is fruit and kefir.  Everything else tastes too strong.  Even string cheese tastes overly salted to me.  I guess I'll see in a week or two.

Thanks everyone.  I think it's far too early to test.  At this point the only thing from my typical diet I still like the taste of is fruit and kefir.  Everything else tastes too strong.  Even string cheese tastes overly salted to me.  I guess I'll see in a week or two.

Early detection tests 'can' begin showing a positive from morning urine at 7dpo. Not that they always do reliably, but if you have some cheap early detection ones around, I usually begin testing obsessively at 7dpo. 

Early detection tests 'can' begin showing a positive from morning urine at 7dpo. Not that they always do reliably, but if you have some cheap early detection ones around, I usually begin testing obsessively at 7dpo. 

haha - I used to do that obsessively too, until I figured out that I have to be at least 1 day late to get a positive, even with the cheapie internet "extra early" strips.  I do have some stashed somewhere in my bathroom, but I seriously doubt it will do me any good.

haha - I used to do that obsessively too, until I figured out that I have to be at least 1 day late to get a positive, even with the cheapie internet "extra early" strips.  I do have some stashed somewhere in my bathroom, but I seriously doubt it will do me any good.

Aww thats a shame! I can get faint lines from about 9dpo on the cheapies and 7dpo on the expensive ones (in addition to the kids ive had a few miscarriages so this has been well tested!). I guess I create hormones quick and well.

Good luck! The waiting always kills me, since I show clear symptoms within a day or two its a long week to wait (yes, im sure about the ovulation dates too. Im just that early! Lol)