Menu

This is really bothering me today.

Miss Peregrine

BIL and SIL got divorced last year. We kept in contact with her. DH's other brother and his wife no longer talk to her. Not sure what all went on there but I think other BIL sides with cheating BIL. I would text her and ask how she she was doing, we visited, she came to ds's graduation party in June. I texted her in November to make sure she had plans for Thanksgiving. No response. Texted her at Christmas. No response. 

She posts on FB yesterday about how she is glad to be rid of him and how sad she is about "family" that disappeared. This hit me in the gut. I hope she isn't talking about me but it sure feels like it. It makes me angry because I have tried to maintain a relationship with her. Maybe I am just thinking it's all about me. LOL

This stinks.

Is it possible she changed her number and didn't get your texts?

Yes, I thought of that. I am going to use messenger tomorrow when I text her on their anniversary, which I have done very year since they separated, just to say I'm thinking of her. Then I will know that she sees it. I am thinking of asking if she changed her number.

• Like 1

Well she did lose a family. Ex SIL who's still a good friend =\= a whole family ykwim?

Hugs to you. It's hard to have relationships change under the best circumstances, much more so like that.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

She has lost a family.  Even if you make attempts to stay in contact, the family dynamic is gone.  That can be really, really painful.  In fact, it may make it hard for her to stay in contact with you, even if she cares deeply.  Talking with you might remind her of what she lost and why.  

I think you are making the right decision to try contacting her one more time.  Don't jump to conclusions based on a FB post.  Also, be honest with her.  Ask her if she wants to remain in contact, and explain that  you still think of her as a friend/family (whatever you genuinely feel).  

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 6

The whole situation is very difficult to navigate, in my opinion. She may just be going through a phase of feeling angry at everyone. I think it is fantastic that you have stayed in touch with her. I went through something similar, although we did get back together, and I was so thankful for the SIL that kept in touch and supported me. I had been part of the family for 18 years by that time, but she was the only one who had any kind of contact with me while my husband was gone from our house. That was really hurtful to me and I find it almost impossible to enter back into any kind of relationship with them now. Thank goodness most live far away and so it doesn't come up much. 

Edited by tcb

The whole situation if very difficult to navigate, in my opinion. She may just be going through a phase of feeling angry at everyone. I think it is fantastic that you have stayed in touch with her. I went through something similar, although we did get back together, and I was so thankful for the SIL that kept in touch and supported me. I had been part of the family for 18 years by that time, but she was the only one who had any kind of contact with me while my husband was gone from our house. That was really hurtful to me and I find it almost impossible to enter back into any kind of relationship with them now. Thank goodness most live far away and so it doesn't come up much. 

I'm glad you had her support. :grouphug:

Tomorrow would have been their 30 year anniversary. Even FIL dropped contact. :(

• Like 1

I'm glad you had her support. :grouphug:

Tomorrow would have been their 30 year anniversary. Even FIL dropped contact. :(

When I'm trying to be gracious about it, I think that they just didn't know what to say and felt they had to support their family member, no matter the circumstances. I know that if my SIL was in the position I was in,  I would contact her and support her as much as possible, even if my brother was at fault, especially if my brother was at fault. I really think your SIL really appreciates/appreciated your contact, even if she can't say so now. Good for you!!

• Like 1

When I'm trying to be gracious about it, I think that they just didn't know what to say and felt they had to support their family member, no matter the circumstances. I know that if my SIL was in the position I was in,  I would contact her and support her as much as possible, even if my brother was at fault, especially if my brother was at fault. I really think your SIL really appreciates/appreciated your contact, even if she can't say so now. Good for you!!

Thank you.

• Like 1

Ok, so I messaged her to let her know I was thinking of her today. She wrote back that she was surprised to hear from me as no one has contacted her in almost a year. She said some other stuff that BIL had been saying. And I was said, "I texted you x, y, and z dates andcwhoa, the other stuff I don't know what you're talking about. Can I call you?"

So, I had been texting her old home number :/ and BIL's lies are still dividing the family. FIL, DH and other brother are choosing to believe BIL. I know there are two sides but his has been pretty heinous.

So, always double check the number you're texting if you don't hear back from someone. :(

ETA: We had a really good conversation. She is devastated at the loss of this side of the family.

Edited by Miss Peregrine
  • Like 14

Ok, so I messaged her to let her know I was thinking of her today. She wrote back that she was surprised to hear from me as no one has contacted her in almost a year. She said some other stuff that BIL had been saying. And I was said, "I texted you x, y, and z dates andcwhoa, the other stuff I don't know what you're talking about. Can I call you?"

So, I had been texting her old home number :/ and BIL's lies are still dividing the family. FIL, DH and other brother are choosing to believe BIL. I know there are two sides but his has been pretty heinous.

So, always double check the number you're texting if you don't hear back from someone. :(

ETA: We had a really good conversation. She is devastated at the loss of this side of the family.

I'm glad you connected today. It must be nice for her to know not everyone believes the stories.

:)

• Like 2

I'm glad you figured out why she didn't get back to you.

I'm sorry about the fracturing of your extended family.

I don't always believe there's two sides to every story.  Sometimes people are just mean.

• Like 2