Menu

Good country to study in 8th grade?

I posted this on the AL board, and thought someone here might have ideas as well.

It has worked very well for DD to use a textbook written for high school students in a given country and use that as a spine. We have one more year of middle school before we need to start worrying about state requirements. So far, we have spent a year on U.K. History and Australian history, both of which also integrated world history, but from a different perspective.

So, I'm open to suggestions. Requirements are that it needs to be something studied in the country of origin and written from that viewpoint, it needs to be published in English (or I suppose Latin would work ;) ), and it needs to be easy to get shipped to the USA. I really don't want the book to be an e-book, but online supplements are useful, especially if they link to primary sources, documentaries and news reports from the country at the time, etc. I also prefer books that would be used in public schools to prepare for a national exam, as opposed to ones correlated to international exams.

Any ideas?