Menu

X-post - Caps and Gowns

Brenda in FL

I posted this on the high school board and got one response from Katilac (Thanks!) But I was hoping to hear a few more reviews . . .

I saw on a past post that many people use homeschooldiploma.com for their diplomas and were very pleased.  I am wondering if anyone has ordered their matte caps and gowns  and if you were satisfied with the quality.  I have been tasked with finding navy blue gowns for our Classical Conversations graduates that are not too thin and cheap looking. 

If you have a different recommendation for purchasing new cap and gown sets you can offer that as well.

I already know that we could use borrowed or used gowns, but for right now we are interested in having a uniform gown for each graduate.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I posted this on the high school board and got one response from Katilac (Thanks!) But I was hoping to hear a few more reviews . . .

I saw on a past post that many people use homeschooldiploma.com for their diplomas and were very pleased.  I am wondering if anyone has ordered their matte caps and gowns  and if you were satisfied with the quality.  I have been tasked with finding navy blue gowns for our Classical Conversations graduates that are not too thin and cheap looking. 

If you have a different recommendation for purchasing new cap and gown sets you can offer that as well.

I already know that we could use borrowed or used gowns, but for right now we are interested in having a uniform gown for each graduate.

Thanks!

Hello Brenda,

I ordered the matte cap and gown (in royal) for my son when he graduated in 2015 (as well as a diploma).  I was very happy with the quality of everything and wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them again.  In fact, I'll be ordering from them for my middle guy, who'll graduate this year.  My son would probably not want me to attach a photo here, but if you want, I can PM you my email address and then email you a photo of him in cap and gown, holding his diploma.  Or, is it possible to attach a photo to a PM?

Nancy in NH

• Like 1

If you can go with shiny rather than matte, Graduation World has navy blue cap & gown + choice of tassel color as a set for $25 (when purchasing 2-19 sets). Grad Shop has a similar set for $30

It's been 6 years now since we purchased cap & gown for DSs -- DS#2 re-used DS#1's -- AND, I was not in charge of the cap & gown purchase for our homeschool group, so I don't know who we went with. I do remember we did do a group order so everyone had the same color/style caps and gowns. Students were allowed to choose their own individual tassel color.

I know it was not from Homeschool Diploma, but some other supplier, because Homeschool Diploma was not yet selling regalia at that time. The lady in charge of the purchasing had a catalog to show us. While thin and lightweight, the cap and gown was fine, and lasted through 2 DSs, and we then donated to our homeschool group.

However, as I say, this was 6 years ago, and quality may have gone down since then.

As a side note: I will say that the matte does not look as good as the shiny. Something about the glossiness helps "dress up" the gowns, while the matte looks more "home-made" and less professional. So even if the fabric is thinner, glossiness makes the gown look better overall. Just my 2 cents worth, FWIW. ;)

BEST of luck! Warmly, Lori D.

Edited by Lori D.
  • Like 1

Brenda,

I took a look at my order from 2015 and it turns out I did not order the matte cap/gown, but the Regency.  It seems they have changed their cap/gown line in the past few years.  The Regency can still be ordered, but I had to poke around a bit to find it under their "Non-Stocked Apparel and Volume Pricing".  Sorry for any confusion.

Good luck finding what you need!

Nancy in NH

Another pleased customer here!! We ordered dd's cap/gown/diploma from them last year and everything was great!!!

I can't remember which cap/gown, though, as it was a group order pre-set up and I just put it "in the basket" - and moved along to the diploma wording... Dd's was black, and it really all looked fantastic and was excellent quality at a good price. ðŸ‘

Edited by hopskipjump