Menu

Undergarments as gifts...do you like this sort of thing?

SparklyUnicorn

As long as it's not like my MIL or some rando getting the panties lol

I like all gifts.

If DH gets me something I don't want to wear, I just say so. I also just expect DH to find me attractive :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  regardless.

I wouldn't mind from DH. I'm not hard to fit, but if they're not absolutely comfortable they'd just be what I call "stunt panties." You switch into them for the exciting stuff but you don't walk around in them all day. I don't really 'need' support so it's not hard to find a bra that fits, but if it has a wire I might not choose it too often.

Pretty sure you just added a new term to HIve vocabulary......... to go along with tea and books.......

• Like 2

As long as it's not like my MIL or some rando getting the panties lol

I like all gifts.

If DH gets me something I don't want to wear, I just say so. I also just expect DH to find me attractive :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  regardless.

LOL..I'm torn on which gift I'd hate more.  Flowers or undergarments.  I hate getting flowers as a gift.  DH knows that about me though. 

Edited by SparklyUnicorn
  • Like 1

Haven't read all the responses.

I'd be ok with it but it better not be my only gift. Because, while I love pretty underthangs, we all know who that gift is really for!! Off to read the responses.

I might appreciate a gift card, depending on the circumstances.  But I need to try a bra on before I buy it.

My great grandmother used to buy me a package of underwear every Christmas when I was a kid.  I am sure she had no idea what I wanted and she didn't have much money.  But they always reeked of cigarettes and usually ended up not being worn.

I would be appalled at unsolicited undergarments as a present.  So 99% of the time I would say this is not a "gift" irregardless of the gender.  My exceptions have been children who are getting ready to potty train will get a pack of special character underwear (normally we just buy plain ones since they are cheaper) and for my nephew who is very particular about his clothes, how they look how they feel.  If something is the least bit stained or stretched out he won't wear it.  He requests and is very happy to receive underwear and socks (as long as it's his requested brand/style).  So for him I will buy underwear as a gift but otherwise underwear (or bras) are never acceptable gifts for anyone from anyone at anytime in my book.

Maybe I'm the odd one. My husband bus me undies. Sometimes they are racy and really more for himself, as in, "I would like to see you in this.". But he also buys me pretty but practical undies as well. He knows that I usually just buy business like undies, but he likes to treat me to pretty things, too. I do love it. In fact, I have turned over that task to him. 

I haven't considered having him pick out bras for me, but that's a good idea. He knows my size. I might ask him to do that.