Menu

NM

Slache

Why the heck not!?

Sigh. I'd go with a book, then. Do you need specific title suggestions?

A book is definitely unacceptable. She wants to buy like a Barbie or littlest pet shop. She got a Barbie for Christmas and is the only little girl in the world that hates animals so I have no idea. The things I would buy (crafts, costumes, books, blocks, silk) don't jive with MIL. She wants things that are fun to open. I don't know what that means.

This doll is $20 at Wal-Mart. My DD loves hers. There are a lot of neat details on it like fat folds and wrinkles, and it's so cute! We get lots of comments about it and moms asking where we got it. Real baby clothes, socks, shoes, and hats fit on it. $1 real pacis stay in it's mouth.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/JC-Toys-My-Sweet-Love-20-Baby-Doll-Pink-Onesie/45467834

Edited by ifIonlyhadabrain
  • Like 3

A book is definitely unacceptable. She wants to buy like a Barbie or littlest pet shop. She got a Barbie for Christmas and is the only little girl in the world that hates animals so I have no idea. The things I would buy (crafts, costumes, books, blocks, silk) don't jive with MIL. She wants things that are fun to open. I don't know what that means.

A book is fun to open. For that matter, so are craft supplies. If your MIL doesn't want to get the things you want for what sounds like your kid, tell her to use her own best judgment. If the gift is a flop you can always donate it away.

• Like 1

A book is fun to open. For that matter, so are craft supplies. If your MIL doesn't want to get the things you want for what sounds like your kid, tell her to use her own best judgment. If the gift is a flop you can always donate it away.

Yeah, I regret starting the thread. I've texted her shopkins and she said no. No books even though she *loves* picture books. Now I'm just irritated with her.

If she wants to get her something like Barbies, what about the Barbie little sisters?  (not sure that's the actual name but the smaller ones).  My daughter really liked those at that age.  And they're fairly inexpensive so she could probably get 3 or so for close to $20.  I know I got a few at Christmas for about $6 each.

Or my daughter got the Barbie gymnastics set this christmas...it's pretty fun.  It has a magnet so she can flip off the balance beam and land on the mat.  Really, it's a toy that to me doesn't have good lasting power, but sounds like it would fit what your mom is going for...kind of a wow factor as you open.

• Like 4

Yeah, I regret starting the thread. I've texted her shopkins and she said no. No books even though she *loves* picture books. Now I'm just irritated with her.

It's like, who is this gift even for? Oh, right - the kid. So get what the kid likes and what the mom has requested!

• Like 2

It's like, who is this gift even for? Oh, right - the kid. So get what the kid likes and what the mom has requested!

There are a lot of issues in our relationship. I can't think of a kind way to word why she won't buy something my daughter would appreciate. I assumed the hive would help find a middle ground but she's rejected them all.

There are a lot of issues in our relationship. I can't think of a kind way to word why she won't buy something my daughter would appreciate. I assumed the hive would help find a middle ground but she's rejected them all.

Duct tape.

Bazooka.

There.  That was easy.

• Like 4