Menu

annoyed

Melissa in Australia

So case manager manged to get new arrival into a psychologist quickly as things are no  going well. Quickly meant that she made the appointment 2 weeks ago and got us in for today. We had been hangin g out for the appointment.

we went today- case manager even checked with me this morning to confirm. we drove to the psychologist and got there 5 minute early. just as well we got there early as the silly psychologist had double booked us and gave us precisely 5 minutes until the other patient arrived. I spent that 5 minutes trying frantically to fill out paperwork and new arrival spent the 5 minutes looking at some old playdough waiting. that was that. One out of the allowed ten psych visits for the year gone.

:cursing:  :crying:

I have taken other children to different psychologists and know that this is not the norm

Edited by Melissa in Australia
  • Like 1

:grouphug: my hubby had politely conveyed his annoyance when we were double booked for a medical appointment. He had to call insurance for being charged for a routine visit when we won't seen.

Have you got onto the case worker about that? :scared:

I agree especially when you have a limit of 10 consultation visits.

• Like 1

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

I am so sorry!!!  I agree with the others, fight it tooth and nail.  Of course that requires more mental and physical energy and you are probably maxed out already.  And dealing with the crushing disappointment of still not having help for a very difficult situation.  Sending hugs and hopes your way.   :grouphug:

• Like 3

Oh, I'm so sorry! And, I agree, your visit today shouldn't count as 1 of 10. Here, there are time requirements in order to bill for a visit and 10 minutes would not be long enough for a psychologist to invoice. 

I'm glad they were able to get you in next week at least. 

• Like 1

Oh, I'm so sorry! And, I agree, your visit today shouldn't count as 1 of 10. Here, there are time requirements in order to bill for a visit and 10 minutes would not be long enough for a psychologist to invoice. 

I'm glad they were able to get you in next week at least. 

You should be able to call up the billing department (or the front office person) at the psychologist office and tell them that you were there for such a short time that you hardly got anything done. In my case, when such a thing happened, they have not billed that appointment and asked me to do a "makeup" appointment.

• Like 2

You should be able to call up the billing department (or the front office person) at the psychologist office and tell them that you were there for such a short time that you hardly got anything done. In my case, when such a thing happened, they have not billed that appointment and asked me to do a "makeup" appointment.

This is what I was going to suggest. I'd make a big stink about it too.

• Like 1