Menu

In the Hospital with pneumonia

sangtarah

I'm glad to hear you were released. Did you have a flu shot this year? I've been trying to determine how good the shot seems to be this year. Half our family got it, and half didn't, and one of those just came down with something today that could be flu. I'm pg, so hoping very much the shot is effective. I hope you have turned the corner and just continue to improve from here.

No, I haven't had the flu shot. We went away for Christmas, and were supposed to all get it when we returned home. But between weather and other circumstances, it just hadn't happened yet. Apparently the flu is widespread here, so my dh is taking everyone to have the shot today.

I hope the shot is protective for you!

Geesh! That's a lot of sickness for one person. Hope recover quickly at home and that the baby is not affected and that your other children don't get sick.

Do you have help with the kids while you rest and recover?

Thanks! Yes, I have help. It's a good thing, too, since I have to stay isolated during all this.

• Like 2

Praying for you and your baby.

Only one of my kids got the flu shot this year (in October) and she was diagnosed with the flu this weekend. She has several friends who also tested positive for the flu and almost all of them had the flu shot. Our doctor said he's seen a lot of flu cases and many had the shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Sue in TX

Praying for you and hoping you feel better today.

I'm not sure where you live, but our local news reported that the flu shot seems very effective in our area (southern PA) this year.  There might be some data online.  I haven't checked.

However, just getting the shot now won't help your guys (from your flu).  It takes a couple of weeks to build immunity.  They've already been exposed to you...

Praying for you and hoping you feel better today.

I'm not sure where you live, but our local news reported that the flu shot seems very effective in our area (southern PA) this year. There might be some data online. I haven't checked.

However, just getting the shot now won't help your guys (from your flu). It takes a couple of weeks to build immunity. They've already been exposed to you...

Yes, I know. Typical incubation is 1-4 days, and mine started 7 days ago. So I think they may be safe from this strain, but adding protection for all the other ones is still a good idea.

A nurse told me the shot offers some protection only 24 hours afterwards. Fullest protection is two weeks, but I wonder if she was right, and you get partia protection earlier?

• Like 1

Yes, I know. Typical incubation is 1-4 days, and mine started 7 days ago. So I think they may be safe from this strain, but adding protection for all the other ones is still a good idea.

A nurse told me the shot offers some protection only 24 hours afterwards. Fullest protection is two weeks, but I wonder if she was right, and you get partia protection earlier?

I'm honestly not sure at all.  Perhaps someone else knows...