Menu

Is anything salvageable? Freezer food

UCF612

Not sure what happened but we opened our freezer (bottom drawer freezer on fridge) and it is clear that at some point it stopped freezing. Ice cream and popsicles are melted. I have no idea what could be saved or do I need to toss it all? I'll toss meats and ice cream but what about things like tator tots, fish sticks, nuggets? The worst part is we just went grocery shopping yesterday so the freezer was full!

Were the other things like tater tots, etc. cold? If so, you could toss those in your fridge and eat them this weekend. Things like frozen veggies, etc. I would cook this weekend and eat over the next four or five days. But raw meat- nope, I'd toss it all. 

It seems odd that yesterday everything was totally frozen and today things are dripping. When we have lost power it takes more than 24 hours for our food to unfreeze. Was the door perhaps left open? 

It stinks to toss food!!! So sorry!

Everything feels cold but since I don't know when it went out and then turned back on it is impossible to tell if it ever got warm. The door wasn't open and the fridge part doesn't seem to affected. It is a Maytag and a piece of junk. We have a whole new unit being delivered soon (my parents Christmas to us).