Menu

Ignore thread

Biblioplan has much more for high school level than just the companion.  They suggest additional spine books for the child to read.

Biblioplan has the Advanced Cool History book.  It has the fill in the blank, short answer, long answer, essay questions in it.  

Biblioplan has the family guide with more questions to discuss.  

My dd is doing Year 2 now with the high school materials.  She is learning a ton. It's in depth.  By the time she's answered all the questions I find our discussions are short simply b/c she learned it all already.  The Family guide has plenty of additional essay ideas if you want more output.  

My dd reads over the 3 days scheduled.  She's added in an encyclopedia for additional reading plus we have the Famous Men series when it applies.  She has had to go back through the Companion book to find answers.  It's deep, even if the writing isn't long. She does the maps.  And by choice she does a lot of the crafts/art projects.  But like I said, the Family Guide discussion questions are usually very similar to the Advanced History book questions, and we don't often need more more to talk about after going through the answers.  Unless I'm assigning an essay.   

I personally found the schedule for Biblioplan to be manageable and it gets done.  Which is way better than me buying TOG and just staring at it.  

Thanks so much, Tess.  After posting this I realized it should probably be on the General Education board. 

Anyway, that is great to hear about Biblioplan.  I am overthinking it I am sure.  

"I personally found the schedule for Biblioplan to be manageable and it gets done.  Which is way better than me buying TOG and just staring at it."  <--  I think this very much applies to me.

Thanks for your thoughts!